Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #2506

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
Must find a towel to wipe up the drool...
Ha ha .... I should have put the 31 Silver there to complete the family!

09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #2507
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey guys. I just got my K1000 I bought off a forum member and it looks like a brand new one. I will test it this weekend but I'm happy to have my old friend back again. Mine is metal version, just like the one I had in college 14 years ago. The good thing is out of my eight or so lenses all wiill work on this camera but the two DA versions. I'll try to get some photos of it with lens attached today.
09-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #2508
Site Supporter

No photos of the camera and lens until tomorrow.
09-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #2509
Veteran Member

How could I resist? A lovely Asahi Pentax K with a Takumar 55 / 1.8, a mint boxed Asahi bellows, a Voightlander Vito CL, a perfect Novoflex 240mm f4.5 ( pistol grip focusing ) lens, a Gossen Sixtomat light meter and a classic wood and chrome Deltz tripod for less than I've spent on beer for the whole week. It can't be done, I just had to have it.

[IMG]
Asahi Pentax K par David Lloyd, on ipernity[/IMG]

That Takumar lens has lived on my NEX5 for the last few days, it's simply fabulous.

09-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #2510
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
How could I resist? A lovely Asahi Pentax K with a Takumar 55 / 1.8, a mint boxed Asahi bellows, a Voightlander Vito CL, a perfect Novoflex 240mm f4.5 ( pistol grip focusing ) lens, a Gossen Sixtomat light meter and a classic wood and chrome Deltz tripod for less than I've spent on beer for the whole week. It can't be done, I just had to have it.
Very nice! Hope it works as good as it looks!
09-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #2511
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That Takumar lens has lived on my NEX5 for the last few days, it's simply fabulous.
The 55mm 1.8 Taks are all special but the autoTaks with their 10 aperture blades give them a much nicer rendering of out of focus high-lights
in my opinion.
Glenn
09-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #2512
Loyal Site Supporter

How could I resist?
Nice!
09-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #2513
Veteran Member

I completely forgot about this thread, now that I've finally taken some shots I can share!

SP1000 w/Tasman 235mm lens
Belonged to my partner's father, when we were clearing his house after he passed away I found it and decided to put in a roll of film and see how it did.
This is the camera that got me back into film (I was really annoyed with the complexity of digital at the time, and hadn't taken a photo in a couple of years. The simplicity of this reminded me of why I love photography......... and it has nothing to do with megapixels/autofocus/photoshop)
This then led to......

Pentax ME w/Pentax-A 28mm
I bought this for the lens (not the one on there, it came with a 50mm F2) and when the camera arrived I found that it worked perfectly (the seller advertised as not knowing if it worked)
So, it went into normal use rotation, being K mount.
After playing with film again and loving it, I decided to try something new.....

1958 Zorki-4 Rangefinder w/Jupiter-8 Lens
Basically bought because it looked great, was cheap, and I had never used a rangefinder before.
It still works exactly as on the day it was made (which being the Soviet Union at the time means it isn't exactly smooth)

Pentax A3 w/Pentax-A 50mm
Basically a freebie from my dad, he bought it for the lens it had, and the body was faulty.
After a bit of a play around it seems the shutter was a bit sticky, so I just manipulated the shutter a few times by hand and it seems to have loosened it up again. Ideally it needs a decent clean out and re-lube. Dad just said "you've fixed it, you can keep it"
I haven't had the film from it developed yet, so can't say if the metering is accurate, it seems ok by eyeball.

So yeah, that's my film family.

09-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #2514
Site Supporter

Lucky you are. My understanding is that the "K" needs a pre-set lens or Auto Tac. Won't close a Super Tac.
09-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #2515
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Lucky you are. My understanding is that the "K" needs a pre-set lens or Auto Tac. Won't close a Super Tac.
Would it work with a Super-Tak if you flipped the Auto/Manual switch before shooting?
09-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #2516
Loyal Site Supporter

My old Pentax ME is ready to go again, with a fresh roll of film & new light seals from Jon Goodman. Took it for a spin this morning, & can't wait for the results!

09-26-2013, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #2517
Site Supporter

My Film Pentaxes --

To read the story behind a certain model-- how I got it for example, click on the 'Flickr' link -- the LX story is good -it was FREE !
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM - 2 Likes   #2518
Veteran Member

I have two new pieces to introduce.

The 67ii is a dream come true for me. I've also added several lenses to that kit but won't show them all here. There are plenty of pics on my "Chemical Cameras" site.

And the other piece is the lovely little 50/1.2 that I rescued out of the junk bin and cleaned up. It was horribly mold infested and still has some clouding, but is doing much better than before. The disassembly instructions received here were most helpful!

09-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #2519
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
I have two new pieces to introduce.

The 67ii is a dream come true for me. I've also added several lenses to that kit but won't show them all here. There are plenty of pics on my "Chemical Cameras" site.

And the other piece is the lovely little 50/1.2 that I rescued out of the junk bin and cleaned up. It was horribly mold infested and still has some clouding, but is doing much better than before. The disassembly instructions received here were most helpful!

Very nice pieces indeed!

I also added a couple of pieces, a no name k mount bellows as well as Pentax K extension tubes which I used to tie the new bellows to my Pentax autobellows. I haven't determined what I need all this magnification for yet but I will definitely need some light!

Taken with the other LX+17mm f4 Fisheye and M42 to K adapter using Fuji 100 for a different perspective . . .
09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2520
Veteran Member

My newly acquired Spotmatic SP with Super-Tak 55 f1.8. A work colleague gave it to me!
You wouldn't think it's 40 years old as it looks almost brand new. Can't wait to try that lens on the K5II (just waiting for the adaptor to arrive).

Regards