Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2013, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #2521
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Would it work with a Super-Tak if you flipped the Auto/Manual switch before shooting?
Yes, manual would be the safest setting as the pre SV models did not proportionally depress the aperture button in auto. You have to remember to close the lens manually after composing wide open.

10-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #2522
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for this info, arnold. I have an H2 & a beat up SV coming my way, and the only lens I have at the moment is an SMC Tak 55/1.8. Hopefully I can use it this way.
10-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #2523
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thanks for this info, arnold. I have an H2 & a beat up SV coming my way, and the only lens I have at the moment is an SMC Tak 55/1.8. Hopefully I can use it this way.
I can confirm that a SMC Tak 55/1.8 does work on an H2 with the lens switched to manual. It works perfectly on both my H2's.
Glenn
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #2524
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Yes, manual would be the safest setting as the pre SV models did not proportionally depress the aperture button in auto. You have to remember to close the lens manually after composing wide open.
Thanks!

I would tend to compose with the lens stopped down if I had the light for it, just so I know what my DoF will be.

10-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #2525
Site Supporter

Les D Mess : you can photograph a Mosquito's Eyebrows with that set -up IF you hold it steady !
sam-joseph : yes, I too get GIVEN a lot of gear now and I appreciate it all and USE it !
10-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #2526
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I hope your SV is serviceable for you, because they are lovely. I have just sent my fourth one to New Zealand for a CLA. One thing to watch with the H2 is that when you half press the shutter button, it trips the aperture to what you preset on the lens. If you don't continue the press and fire the shutter, it will act as if you have taken the photo anyway. So, don't remove your finger once you press the shutter until the camera fires a shot.
10-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #2527
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I hope your SV is serviceable for you, because they are lovely. I have just sent my fourth one to New Zealand for a CLA. One thing to watch with the H2 is that when you half press the shutter button, it trips the aperture to what you preset on the lens. If you don't continue the press and fire the shutter, it will act as if you have taken the photo anyway. So, don't remove your finger once you press the shutter until the camera fires a shot.
I'll have to remember that one, thanks! I'll have to resist the habit of half-pressing the shutter button to meter, when there is none on these old cameras! The H2 should be clean & semi-functional (sticking curtain at slow shutter speeds), and the SV is supposed to be in ugly shape. The front leatherette is missing & film advance is not working. They will both probably be "shelf queens" for awhile until I can get one or both of them to Eric for service.
10-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #2528
Veteran Member

daughter with a MX / M 50/1.7 with tri-x in it

10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #2529
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

daughter with a MX / M 50/1.7 with tri-x in it
Love the wide hippie strap but don't like the metal hook to the camera body . . .
10-03-2013, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #2530
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Although the FA2 viewfinder doesn't have the window to view the aperture setting on the lens - like the original, I like how it compliments the understated elegance of the LX with it's streamlined design and the omission of the hotshoe. Clearly Pentax went back to its original form when they designed the LX! Or is it that the original Asahi Pentax was so ageless in design while preceding the others releases . . .

10-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #2531

My MV

Last edited by MMBrown; 10-13-2013 at 06:27 PM.
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #2532
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MMBrown Quote
an MV, currently for sale
Very pretty and an excellent product shot, though I would be remiss if I did not remind you that it is bad form and against forum rules to promote a "for sale" item outside the marketplace.

Steve
10-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #2533

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Very pretty and an excellent product shot, though I would be remiss if I did not remind you that it is bad form and against forum rules to promote a "for sale" item outside the marketplace.

Steve
Steve,

Ah, sorry! That wasn't my intention at all, though now that you've mentioned it I see it does come across that way! I was just trying to give a bit of background info. I'll edit the post right away.
10-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #2534
What'chu lookin at

Here's my MX. Got it about 5 years ago at a camera swap. No idea where it came from, but I also have a K1000 kicking around. Unfortunately, even with fresh batteries, the light meter doesn't want to work. My dad brought home a Spotmatic from his work, but my brother got it into his head he wanted to see the guts of a film camera..

10-14-2013, 03:59 AM   #2535

QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Here's my MX. Got it about 5 years ago at a camera swap. No idea where it came from, but I also have a K1000 kicking around. Unfortunately, even with fresh batteries, the light meter doesn't want to work. My dad brought home a Spotmatic from his work, but my brother got it into his head he wanted to see the guts of a film camera..

Nice! I love the M-series cameras, the perfect size for me.

How do you find it compares to the K1000?