Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #2596
Loyal Site Supporter
G and T's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Langwarrin Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 339
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
There is something odd about the 6x7 vs 6x6 size comparison. The extra width of the 6x7 should should be roughly 1 centimeter in real life. But I don't think we need to use the actual size to verify. Using the distance from the left edge of the 6x7 to the left edge of the 6x6 and then seeing how many times that distance fits across the long edge of the 6x7 should roughly add up to 7. If falls way short. Perhaps I'm over thinking it
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
It might depend on which 6x6 camera? I think most are 55mm X 55mm and the 67 frame size is 55x70. So the 6x7 frame is 1.5cm longer.
There is no need to over think this, there is something wrong with the scale of the 6x7 and the 6x6 samples, they should be the same height and aren't.
Glenn

11-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #2597
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,052
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
There is no need to over think this, there is something wrong with the scale of the 6x7 and the 6x6 samples, they should be the same height and aren't.
Glenn
Yep. I think they used an advertiser's scale.
11-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #2598
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,936
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Yep. I think they used an advertiser's scale.
I think you're right
11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #2599
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,050
It took me forever to see beyond the blown highlights. Ahem.

11-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #2600
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,130
I have recorded (not measured) the following frame sizes [mm]:
Takumar 6x7: 55 x 70
Pentax 645: 41.5 x 56
Pentax 645D: 33 x 44

I use the Takumar 6x7 lenses on these Graflex (inch ) backs (measured dimensions of film gates)
RH10: 58.0 x 67.7 (10 photos on 120)
RH8: 57.4 x 77.7 (8 photos on 120)

The only "true" 6 x 9 medium format camera I have here is a 1936 Zeiss Ikon
: 57 x 87 (8 photos on 120) need to be steady with las tijeras, after a Jose in the darkroom.

It is very confusing
11-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #2601
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,052
I looked at my 6x7 and 6x6 negatives. And I gotta say the horizontal scale of that advertisement looks right regardless of the vertical scale. Perhaps the image aspect is a result of the printing process used. Beats me.
11-14-2013, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #2602
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 208
Why does the Robin Perry ad for the 6x7 say "...this ideal format 35mm SLR..." ? [emphasis mine]
--Dave
11-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #2603
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Why does the Robin Perry ad for the 6x7 say "...this ideal format 35mm SLR..." ? [emphasis mine]
--Dave
You saw it!

See in the film days we didn't talk about crop formats. There was 35mm, there was 1/2 frame, and there was ideal format jumbo 35mm

11-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #2604
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,857
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
For some reason this is my most popular ad on Flickr



and to round things out










Ah, when cameras were cameras and a good many of them were named Pentax...
Are you TRYING To make me spend money?
11-14-2013, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #2605
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,857
Cross posted to the Gear Pr0n thread







Both taken with Sony RX100. 645 with Pentax-A 645 55mm f/2.8, LX with Winder, FB-1/FC-1 Combo, Grip A and Pentax FA 35mm f/2, LX with FA-2 and FA 50mm F/1.4.
11-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #2606
Site Supporter
grhazelton's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jonesboro, GA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,820
The Mighty LX - Seeing Double!

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Cross posted to the Gear Pr0n thread







Both taken with Sony RX100. 645 with Pentax-A 645 55mm f/2.8, LX with Winder, FB-1/FC-1 Combo, Grip A and Pentax FA 35mm f/2, LX with FA-2 and FA 50mm F/1.4.
Those LXs are gorgeous! I like that they are obviously used, but not abused. Somewhat battle-worn. The replacement covering is well-chosen. (I have one in dark blue, but it is perhaps not immediately noticeable.) Where did you get the grip? Did you carve it yourself? I have the pre-formed grip, but your grip is fabulous.
11-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #2607
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,857
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Those LXs are gorgeous! I like that they are obviously used, but not abused. Somewhat battle-worn. The replacement covering is well-chosen. (I have one in dark blue, but it is perhaps not immediately noticeable.) Where did you get the grip? Did you carve it yourself? I have the pre-formed grip, but your grip is fabulous.
The covering is a leatherette called Griptac from Cameraleather.com, I did both bodies and the winder myself. I decided on the grey because LX's aren't supposed to be flashy, but I didn't want plain black either. The grip came to me as-is. A friend and I both had an LX already, and a PentaxForums member sold two LXs, winder, grip, FA-1, FA-1W, focusing screens et. al. together. We had the cameras CLA'd and split the accessories.

The grip really is fabulous. I don't know who had it before me but my hand fits it perfectly. I also have the LX-specific leather case, and the littler LX setup will likely live in there.
11-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #2608
Site Supporter
grhazelton's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jonesboro, GA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,820
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
The covering is a leatherette called Griptac from Cameraleather.com, I did both bodies and the winder myself. I decided on the grey because LX's aren't supposed to be flashy, but I didn't want plain black either. The grip came to me as-is. A friend and I both had an LX already, and a PentaxForums member sold two LXs, winder, grip, FA-1, FA-1W, focusing screens et. al. together. We had the cameras CLA'd and split the accessories.

The grip really is fabulous. I don't know who had it before me but my hand fits it perfectly. I also have the LX-specific leather case, and the littler LX setup will likely live in there.
I was able to score the case for one of my LXs. Lovely workmanship. Ah, remember the days when virtually every camera, from cheap and cheerful Japanese rangefinders to the finest Pentax typically came with a case?
11-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2609
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,290
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
I was able to score the case for one of my LXs. Lovely workmanship. Ah, remember the days when virtually every camera, from cheap and cheerful Japanese rangefinders to the finest Pentax typically came with a case?
Indeed.A few days ago I was unable to resist a case for one of my Minolta SRT series. It was as new, and the quality of the leatherwork and stitching is superbe.
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #2610
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,867
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
The covering is a leatherette called Griptac from Cameraleather.com
I have been tempted to put Griptac on my Zorki 4K. The original fabric covering is in great shape, but it is slick. Something grippy would be just great.


Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, chrome, colors, es, f/2.8, film, films, flag, k1000, kx, lens, lever, lexus, light, love, lx, mode, mx, pentax, photo, photography, plate, post, product photography, reunion, shooters, sp, super-takumar, wind
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce myself... joostdh Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-07-2010 01:12 AM
Please let me introduce myself........ niklas Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-21-2009 05:04 AM
Pentax will introduce a new camera at PMA... hopey Pentax News and Rumors 72 03-03-2009 05:19 AM
Let me introduce myself here. PentaxUserK100d Welcomes and Introductions 1 02-06-2007 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself INcreative Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-19-2006 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top