Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2016, 03:51 AM - 3 Likes   #3136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just in the door, Heiland Pentax H2

I just returned from the post office with a box sent from Eric Hendricson. A newly CLA'ed Heiland Pentax H2. He has done the usual magic of clean and lube as well as replacing the shutter curtain. The camera looks almost unused. And I havn't seen many black bodied S2/H2 early versions out there. This has hardly any brassing, Ive found one small spot on the edge of the base plate. There is not any of the normal wear around the carrying straps either.

Many here with black S2/H2's?

It looks clean and sounds so nice!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-15-2016, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #3137
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice looking Heiland And Kudoos for having it restored
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Many here with black S2/H2's?
I have a late model Black Super-S2*. It is in nice shape, save for the paint chip & ding at the peak of it's penta-prism.
If I get around to it this weekend, I will post a few snapshots of it here.
--Moe--

edit 4/17/2016: add a couple of piks of the Super S2

*1/1000 top shutter speed and automatic zeroing frame counter(late model only).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS  Photo 

Last edited by Moe49; 04-17-2016 at 03:49 PM.
04-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #3138
Site Supporter

Just in the door, Heiland Pentax H2
Lovely. Didn't know they came in black. The new shutter curtains will give it a new life. Eric replaced the curtains in my SV as well. I suppose the straps let go after a while. That is why I am reluctant to put older models like my K to use. At least I feel confident to use the SV as a regular now, at least more so that my H2 which is only rarely.
04-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #3139
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote

I have a late model Black Super-S2*. It is in nice shape, save for the paint chip at the peak of it's penta-prism.
--Moe--

The S2 super was only sold in Japan. Really nice also.please do post. I also have a black S2 super, but not spotless.

---------- Post added 04-16-2016 at 09:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Lovely. Didn't know they came in black. The new shutter curtains will give it a new life. Eric replaced the curtains in my SV as well. I suppose the straps let go after a while. That is why I am reluctant to put older models like my K to use. At least I feel confident to use the SV as a regular now, at least more so that my H2 which is only rarely.
I take my S and K out using the bottom half of the ready case. And I use a new strap. The original leather strap broke. The leather was dry and brittle.

04-16-2016, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #3140
Site Supporter

The S2 super was only sold in Japan. Really nice also.please do post. I also have a black S2 super, but not spotless.

---------- Post added 04-16-2016 at 09:40 PM ----------

I take my S and K out using the bottom half of the ready case. And I use a new strap. The original leather strap broke. The leather was dry and brittle.
I was referring to the straps (tapes) attached to the blinds.
04-18-2016, 10:48 PM - 1 Like   #3141

A couple of new additions to the family, both sporting M 50/1.4's.

Haven't tried these lenses yet. How do they compare to the M 50/1.7?

04-19-2016, 03:08 AM   #3142
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Classy pair. From what I gather, the 1.4 lets in half a stop more light, but doesn't surpass the 1.7.
04-19-2016, 04:29 AM   #3143
Site Supporter

Center sharpness of the f1.4 is comparable, but the f1.7 is better across the frame. I have a few of each, and consistently prefer the images of the f1.7. (I also have the K f1.2, and still prefer the f1.7.)

04-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #3144
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote

I have a late model Black Super-S2*. It is in nice shape, save for the paint chip & ding at the peak of it's penta-prism.
--Moe--

edit 4/17/2016: add a couple of piks of the Super S2

Looks really nice!
Thanks for posting. But then I realized that there are two versions of the s2 super and I have the early version. More to collect...

Last edited by Baard-Einar; 04-19-2016 at 01:52 PM.
04-28-2016, 11:48 PM - 2 Likes   #3145

Absolutely in love with this combo: Delta 400 / SL / ST50 1.4 (8)
No light meter, no gadgets, no distracting lights or needles in the viewfinder. Just frame, focus and fire.

04-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #3146
Site Supporter

No light meter, no gadgets, no distracting lights or needles in the viewfinder. Just frame, focus and fire.
Ah yes indeed, you are in it together that way.
04-29-2016, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #3147
Site Supporter

Pentax Flash

Hi

Phil was so kind to sell me one of his Autorobo flashes. So now I have three of the old flashes in my collection. Asahi Pentax Flash Gun (yeah, thats its name) Asahi Pentax Super-Lite II and the Asahi Pentax Autorobo. Missing from my collection is the Super-Lite, another version (earlier?) of the fan-type bulb flash, and the Asahiflex flashgun.

Autorobo on ES II, Super-Lite II on a Spotmatic II and the Flash Gun on a Spotmatic SP.

A question: Does anyone have any information on when the Flash Gun was beeing produced? Maybe from some old manuals? It is not mentioned in the famous Screw Mount Guide.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #3148
Veteran Member

A couple of new additions to the family, both sporting M 50/1.4's.

IMO the 1.4 is a better lens, especially bokeh wise. IMO the IQ of the K50mm 1.4 is better than the M lens, it's also bigger and heavier.

However this is my Honeywell Spotmatic sporting the SMC Tak 50mm 1.4 (supposedly the same as the K 50 mm f1.4, even if it appears the K is not radioactive) , a ghostless filter and the original hood (that is different, namely wider than the common hood for the 55mm). It also has an original Pentax eyecup that I use extensively.

The shot has been taken by the SPF's archenemy, the Fujica ST705W, with a Fujinon 50mm f1.4 and with Fujipro 400.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 06-02-2016 at 10:36 AM.
06-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #3149
Site Supporter

Old Pentaxes

I started collecting Pentax back when the earth was flat. My first Pro 35mm slide camera was a Spotmatic in í69. But then I got too many and I decided to cut it off at the Electro. And I still have too many. So now, I concentrate on black bodies but the goal is a fine example representative of each M42 model and variation. I may be on a quixotic journey since it has occurred to me that some models may never have been made in black, and when I sometimes find one I do not have, they are the price of a good used car.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find out if all models were made in black or not. I suspect the budget models (H1/S1, SP 500, etc.) may never have been made in black.

I still think that the Spotmatic is at the asymptote in industrial design and quality!
06-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #3150
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
IMO the 1.4 is a better lens, especially bokeh wise. IMO the IQ of the K50mm 1.4 is better than the M lens, it's also bigger and heavier.
Agree with this very much. I've had a couple 1.7 (as well 1.4 and 2.0 of various versions and the M 1.2) over the years but always let them go (usually attached to a body I have up for sale). The 1.4 just has more character to my eye - it may be *marginally* less sharp, but it's overall rendering has always been more pleasing to me subjectively.

If sharpness is really what I'm after in that length I always reach for the FA43 (and more recently the FA50/2.8macro - that sucker is sharp).