Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #3166
Senior Member
RR84's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 161
When nature calls..



06-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #3167
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,822
QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
That's what I was wondering too as I carefully wound back the focus ring to infinity. But thankfully it does.
Isn't the rule "Red R (in the rewind knob) for good, green R for bad"? Counterintuitive, but I view it as "The Super Tak 50/1.4 has thoriated glass, and greenies hate all things nuclear."
06-14-2016, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #3168
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
I needed to test the BX20 and the BD24 TTL flash that came with the camera, so I took a pic of the LX with another Praktica, the BC3:



Praktica BX20, Pentacon 50mm 1.8, BD24, XP2 +

I wanted to show how similar are these two cameras in terms of size and controls, but I think I need to learn how to use the flash more appropriately, perhaps should I have bounced it?
06-14-2016, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #3169
Pentaxian
cooltouch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 488
I think you did ok with your flash. You don't have any appreciable glare showing, which is the number one thing I try to get rid of. It's a good pic, I think.

06-21-2016, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #3170
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 59
My MZ-5 (posted earlier in this thread) came to me not working. Broken plastic gear on the motor shaft. Replaced the gear some time ago but this didn't cure the problem. I was having a look again last night and spotted that the aperture actuating lever in the body was in the wrong position. It sat at the top of it's travel rather than at the bottom. When i pressed the shutter release I could see something trying to move in that area but nothing happened. So I tried to move the lever down to the bottom where it should be but it wouldn't stay. I then tried again while pressing the shutter release to see if that would allow it to latch and when I did that the mirror flipped up and down. This was repeated and when I let go the lever it stayed at the bottom. I seem to have fixed it finally and I have a working MZ-5 with a new brass gear on the motor.

Now all I have to fix is the broken flash spring....

Ronnie
06-23-2016, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #3171
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,867
mornings with Six & Seven (and Ishmael, Director of Photography, featured in the background)

06-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #3172
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 34
I posted over on the welcome forum but it makes sense to post here as well because my Pentax fleet is all film and currently screw mount. I'm new to this community but not to film Pentax cameras or photography. A by-product of my photography is camera collecting and I have a decent sized collection of what I call the 35mm Japanese SLRs that mattered along with a pair of Leica M bodies, two Rolleicords, Mamiya C220f system, Series E Rolleiflex and a Hasselblad 500 c/m.

Now you're first thought so where are the Pentax's in my list. Well in my collection and 95% get used, starting with a circa 1958 Model K, Honeywell Pentax H3, a pair of SVs (black and chrome), a S1a as well as and Asahi Spotmatic SP, II and F. At the end of the Summer I'll be joining the K mount tribe too with the MX and later one I hope a KX. What I really love is the quality of photographs I get out of Takumar lenses, and the fact that screw mount and earlier mechanical K mount Pentax bodies are relatively simple and easy to fix. I can't say the same with a Minolta XE-7.

My photography can be found on Flickr under Bill Smith1.
06-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #3173
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by wbsmith200 Quote
I posted over on the welcome forum but it makes sense to post here as well because my Pentax fleet is all film and currently screw mount. I'm new to this community but not to film Pentax cameras or photography. A by-product of my photography is camera collecting and I have a decent sized collection of what I call the 35mm Japanese SLRs that mattered along with a pair of Leica M bodies, two Rolleicords, Mamiya C220f system, Series E Rolleiflex and a Hasselblad 500 c/m.

Now you're first thought so where are the Pentax's in my list. Well in my collection and 95% get used, starting with a circa 1958 Model K, Honeywell Pentax H3, a pair of SVs (black and chrome), a S1a as well as and Asahi Spotmatic SP, II and F. At the end of the Summer I'll be joining the K mount tribe too with the MX and later one I hope a KX. What I really love is the quality of photographs I get out of Takumar lenses, and the fact that screw mount and earlier mechanical K mount Pentax bodies are relatively simple and easy to fix. I can't say the same with a Minolta XE-7.

My photography can be found on Flickr under Bill Smith1.
Heya there Bill! Welcome aboard... You'll find a few couple other FSC members hanging out quite a bit in here as well.
Colton is here also as Swift1 ...
Come on in, the water's fine.

06-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #3174
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
mornings with Six & Seven (and Ishmael, Director of Photography, featured in the background)

Ishmael is the black guy in the distance? And what about the tortuga one? Is he the camera operator?
06-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #3175
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Ishmael is the black guy in the distance? And what about the tortuga one? Is he the camera operator?
If there's a joke here I've missed it. There is a single cat in the photo, Ishmael, a siamese/tabby cross, giving direction from a place of his choosing as per usual. In this case, he's on the floor at the back of the scene.
06-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #3176
Site Supporter
phat_bog's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Paris
Posts: 80
aloha

for polaroid, i use a pentax 67. my favourite lens is the 90mm, because it's the only one i've got

for 120mm film i use fuji Neopan & kodak Portra on a 645NII with a 75mm 2.8, and it's my fav lens as it is the only one i've got.
But more recently i tend to forget the Pentax, for a 645 Mamiya, as i managed to find the lovely Mamiya Sekkor 80mm f1.9 lens which is amazing for portait work.

If Pentax ever made a 6x6 in a rolleiflex style, it would've been THE analog camera i would always use for practical reasons for transportation.
I know Ricoh made some but never managed to find one
06-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #3177
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
If there's a joke here I've missed it. There is a single cat in the photo, Ishmael, a siamese/tabby cross, giving direction from a place of his choosing as per usual. In this case, he's on the floor at the back of the scene.
I see another black cat sitting close to the window..am I drunk?
06-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #3178
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,867
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I see another black cat sitting close to the window..am I drunk?
Hahahaha -ohhhhh- gotcha. In the window top-right back? That's a orchid in a pot.

---------- Post added 06-23-16 at 03:52 PM ----------

It does look like a small cat! You're only as drunk as the defocus I am.

---------- Post added 06-23-16 at 03:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by phat_bog Quote
aloha

for polaroid, i use a pentax 67. my favourite lens is the 90mm, because it's the only one i've got

for 120mm film i use fuji Neopan & kodak Portra on a 645NII with a 75mm 2.8, and it's my fav lens as it is the only one i've got.
But more recently i tend to forget the Pentax, for a 645 Mamiya, as i managed to find the lovely Mamiya Sekkor 80mm f1.9 lens which is amazing for portait work.

If Pentax ever made a 6x6 in a rolleiflex style, it would've been THE analog camera i would always use for practical reasons for transportation.
I know Ricoh made some but never managed to find one
Welcome and kia ora!
If you snag a Pentax or Fotodiox P67-->P645 adapter, you've got an instant 2nd lens on that 645Nii.
Cheers.
06-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #3179
Junior Member
Mark Freburg's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 32
QuoteOriginally posted by aruxaru Quote
Hi fellow film shooters,

I see that there is a quite a significant boost in the number of Pentax film shooters (as I am apart of that movement too). There's lots of talk about different bodies, films and whatnot. So I was thinking having this thread as an introduction to which body is your main body. Also, what lenses do you use? What film do you use? In addition to that, give a reason for why you chose your setup.

Hopefully we can collect an informal database for people wanting more information from everyday shooters...

...My camera of choice: Pentax MX

My ME is relegated to a back up camera now that I've got my hands on the hefty but dimunitive MX. I love the size and the manual features. I love the feel of its heaviness. It has everything I need and nothing extra.

The limitations I find with this body is that being fully manual and me being fairly new to it, I won't be using this for action or street photography anytime soon. My ME would be better suited for that. Also, not sure how much better my tripod shooting would be with mirror lockup. I've never tried it and don't see the need, yet.

My Lens: Pentax M 50 f/1.7 (need I say more?), Vivitar 28 f/2.8 by Cosina (very sharp and light, good colors), Takumar bayonet 135 f/2.8 (it was affordable, but I really can't complain about it too much. contrasts alittle low, but nice bokeh and is sharp)

Film: As you can see, a wide variety of films. I still like to try out different ones. If i had to choose one film, it would be the Provia. Realistic colors, with punchy tone. Very versatile.

Please share your cameras and views/reasons!

I also have a K1000SE and an MX. My ME was stolen from me years ago. The ME was my first Pentax and I hated to see it go. I learned a great deal from it. My dad bought it new and I got it when he bought a Super Program. I bought my K1000SE new as well, but picked up the MX in the early 90s, used but excellent. Your Pentax M 50 1.7 is excellent. AS my dad is gone now I've acquired all his old kit and between us we have the M 50 lenses in F1.4, F1.7, and F2.8 if memory serves. Seems I've got one more but I don't recall which. I am just now--literally in the last couple of weeks--doing a lot of research in order to get back into shooting with film cameras. I have five Pentax and one Ricoh body (KR-5 that I bought for my son for his high school photo class, but he didn't take to photography like my dad and I did so I reacquired it--it's an all-manual, K-mount camera). Lots of old lenses and lots of great memories thinking about taking photos, rather than turning on the digital computer, pointing it as something, and letting it process the information and pop out a digital version of a photo. Oh, I couldn't do without my Pentax dSLR, but I really miss all those days using a mechanical Pentax. I learned about photography using manual film cameras (and rangefinder before the SLRs, so you can understand why digitals are somewhat foreign to me, even today.
06-25-2016, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #3180
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,124
wbsmith200
phat_bog
Mark Freburg

Welcome to the PF!

Phil.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, chrome, colors, es, f/2.8, film, films, flag, k1000, kx, lens, lever, lexus, light, love, lx, mode, mx, pentax, photo, photography, plate, post, product photography, reunion, shooters, sp, super-takumar, wind
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce myself... joostdh Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-07-2010 01:12 AM
Please let me introduce myself........ niklas Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-21-2009 05:04 AM
Pentax will introduce a new camera at PMA... hopey Pentax News and Rumors 72 03-03-2009 05:19 AM
Let me introduce myself here. PentaxUserK100d Welcomes and Introductions 1 02-06-2007 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself INcreative Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-19-2006 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top