Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #406
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
One is never enough I guess:

[/IMG]
Way to go Frank!!!!
What about some more snake skin love Your cobra LX is growing on me.

Now I feel totally reasonable with only four film bodies.

Cheers,

Luc

12-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #407
Veteran Member

One is never enough I guess:
Wow that is one sweet collection you have. You don't happen to have a pic of the back side of the LX you recovered do you? My LX is currently locked in a container full of baking soda trying to get rid of the musty smell, but if that doesn't work I'm afraid I'll have to order a kit from cameraleather.com. However, I'm a bit worried about the area around the memo frame. It looks like the factory leather runs under it, and I know their leather kits can't do that.
12-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #408
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Frank...I really like that last one

Steve
Thanks steve. I was bored, just playing around w/ the cameras ...

QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
Frank...what words to use...impressive? Obsessive?
Obsessive I guess

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Way to go Frank!!!!
What about some more snake skin love Your cobra LX is growing on me.

Now I feel totally reasonable with only four film bodies.

Cheers,

Luc
Just four? I thought you had much more than that

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Wow that is one sweet collection you have. You don't happen to have a pic of the back side of the LX you recovered do you? My LX is currently locked in a container full of baking soda trying to get rid of the musty smell, but if that doesn't work I'm afraid I'll have to order a kit from cameraleather.com. However, I'm a bit worried about the area around the memo frame. It looks like the factory leather runs under it, and I know their leather kits can't do that.
Yeah, here is one:

When you pull off the old skin, better pull it side way along the film memo frame so you won't take the memo frame off. It's just glued on. But even you take it off by accident, just super-glue it back
12-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #409
Veteran Member

When you pull off the old skin, better pull it side way along the film memo frame so you won't take the memo frame off. It's just glued on. But even you take it off by accident, just super-glue it back
Thanks for the pic and the tip. That eases my concerns about re-skinning it. Although, hopefully the baking soda/Febreeze combo will fix the problem. After two days in the container it's starting to smell better. Who knows if that will last though. I almost hope it doesn't, that would give me a excuse to wrap it green leather

Also, what kind of eye piece is that on the back of your view finder and where did you get it? I'm afraid I must have one.

12-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #410
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Thanks for the pic and the tip. That eases my concerns about re-skinning it. Although, hopefully the baking soda/Febreeze combo will fix the problem. After two days in the container it's starting to smell better. Who knows if that will last though. I almost hope it doesn't, that would give me a excuse to wrap it green leather

Also, what kind of eye piece is that on the back of your view finder and where did you get it? I'm afraid I must have one.
That's Pentax eyecup FH, for cameras like MZ10/30/50 and etc. You can also use eyecup like FL or FG I think.

Good luck
12-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #411
Veteran Member

Wow, B&H actually had one in their used department. I'm not sure if it was worth $10 + $5 shipping, but oh well, it's really bothered me not having an eyecup.
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #412
Veteran Member

Only have the K2 film body..

12-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #413
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is my SuperProgram. I haven't figured out how to work the flash yet.
Attached Images

12-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #414

Hello, introducing me&my camera. As small as possible, always on my neck when I'm not at home. One day gonna swap it for MZ-3&43/1.9 black combo... need to hunt down it first.

12-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #415
Veteran Member

Love the SuperProgram.... Just an FYI to FlannelSpoon, when the flash is active in TTL mode, a flash symbol appears in the viewfinder. If you don't get this symbol, treat your flash as manual and set your camera up according to the guide that's on the back of the flash.
12-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #416
Veteran Member

I have a Leica R3 from the same era with equivilent lens and yet I'm thinking the Pentax does a better job.

Justin.
12-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #417
Veteran Member

These leather kits, do you install them yourself or do you mail your camera to the company that makes them?
12-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #418
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brkl Quote
These leather kits, do you install them yourself or do you mail your camera to the company that makes them?
Usually the leather is supplied as a kit, though places like cameraleather.com also offer recovering as a service.

Steve
12-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #419
Veteran Member

Hmm, that's interesting Obviously I couldn't mail my cameras all that way, but I could order a kit...
12-28-2009, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #420
Veteran Member

I just posted this in the Soviet Lenses thread:

I can't wait see what the results from that look like. Unfortunately I'm out of film The pin is a millimeter too long, so I guess I should file it down just a bit.

Maybe one day I'll take the time to get all my film Pentax bodies and lenses in a shot. But not right now

Oh, that Spot F used to belong to monochromatic. It's a beauty