Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #841
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I like the skin. And the camera looks in good shape. How do bay 1 Rollei filters fit? I tried putting mine on my buddies Autocord and they were a loose fit. My Rolleicord IV is in working condition but not in the best of shape. It needs a new focus matte (really yellow and dull) and I have to apply lighter fluid in the shutter mechanism often or it slows down. At f11 it will take a sharp shot but open it up and it really has soft corners which can be a feature, I guess I would really like to have a Rolleiflex with f2.8 viewing lens but those things just cost too much when I already have other MF cameras.
I have a Waltz yellow filter and hood always on it with no problem.
I just purchased a Rolleinar that I will try as soon as the camera is back.
The lens on my Autocord resolve around 125 lines according to Karl. It is one of the sharpest he has seen. So I do not have any Rolleiflex envy except for the wide one but they go around for 2 or 3 grands

Cheers,

Luc

12-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #842
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
Pentax ME Super (loaded with my last roll of Kodachrome 64) taken using a Pentax KM, SMC-M 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens on Ilford Delta 100 ASA.



K.
12-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #843
New Member




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19
My first post to forum. Thought i introduce my newly aquired LX and its nice 35mm/3.5 K lens. Loaded with Trix and ready to go(after i've finished my coffee).
Attached Images
 
12-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #844
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,129
QuoteOriginally posted by HeikkiK Quote
My first post to forum. Thought i introduce my newly aquired LX and its nice 35mm/3.5 K lens. Loaded with Trix and ready to go(after i've finished my coffee).
Welcome to the Pentax forum and it’s nice to have another film shooter among us!!

Great camera and lens as well!

Phil.

12-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #845
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Pentax ME Super (loaded with my last roll of Kodachrome 64) taken using a Pentax KM, SMC-M 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens on Ilford Delta 100 ASA.



K.
With the cable release your Super looks like a ballerina doing her warmup stretches.
12-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #846
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
12-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #847
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
Now this is a nice and classy set.
Edit: Screw mounts are really nice cameras.

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 12-03-2010 at 03:14 PM.
12-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #848
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Now this is a nice and classy set.
Spotmatic are really nice cameras.

Cheers,

Luc
no spotmatic in the photo but thanks mate. =)

12-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #849
Senior Member
Guakala's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 147
Here is my Super Program. Gifted to me by my beloved girlfriend after she received the camera for free! It is in immaculate condition and came with a Pentax-A 50mm F1.4!



Don't hate folks!
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #850
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no spotmatic in the photo but thanks mate. =)
Definitely classy.

(Oddly enough, when I was younger, it seemed a lot of photo-people around just called any screwmount Pentax a 'Spottie,' I kind of came here saying that, myself. )

And, hey, pretty sweet, Gua. That makes a nice combination with the 1.4.
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #851
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I like the skin. And the camera looks in good shape. How do bay 1 Rollei filters fit? I tried putting mine on my buddies Autocord and they were a loose fit. My Rolleicord IV is in working condition but not in the best of shape. It needs a new focus matte (really yellow and dull) and I have to apply lighter fluid in the shutter mechanism often or it slows down. At f11 it will take a sharp shot but open it up and it really has soft corners which can be a feature, I guess I would really like to have a Rolleiflex with f2.8 viewing lens but those things just cost too much when I already have other MF cameras.




Portra 160VC

Hey, I used to have one of those. It's possible I still do, actually, it'll just have been in some relative's attic since, well, erf, about half my life ago, if I didn't give it away before I bailed.

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood. Maybe nice and old but not collectey-priced, or if anyone's ever tried the plastic ones you can get on Ebay. Plastic may be OK, cause the thing'll probably end up in my pocket a fair bit.

Got one of these, now:


12-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #852
Veteran Member
lbenac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, I used to have one of those. It's possible I still do, actually, it'll just have been in some relative's attic since, well, erf, about half my life ago, if I didn't give it away before I bailed.

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood. Maybe nice and old but not collectey-priced, or if anyone's ever tried the plastic ones you can get on Ebay. Plastic may be OK, cause the thing'll probably end up in my pocket a fair bit.

Got one of these, now:


Well I have a Yashica Bay 1 metal hood with its leather case. It did not fit quite right on the Autocord so I got a Waltz instead.
I will PM you.

Cheers,

Luc
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #853
Senior Member
Guakala's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 147
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

And, hey, pretty sweet, Gua. That makes a nice combination with the 1.4.
Thanks Ratmagiclady, maybe this Christmas I'll stop being so lazy and run some film trough it... The 1.4 spends most of the time on my K200D.

That's a sexy Yashica you got there.
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #854
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,930
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, I used to have one of those. It's possible I still do, actually, it'll just have been in some relative's attic since, well, erf, about half my life ago, if I didn't give it away before I bailed.

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood.

keh.com has some Rollei Bay 1 hoods. They say if they are a 3rd party brand. I bought one from there and it was metal with the Rollei logo on it.
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #855
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Guakala Quote
Thanks Ratmagiclady, maybe this Christmas I'll stop being so lazy and run some film trough it... The 1.4 spends most of the time on my K200D.

That's a sexy Yashica you got there.
Hee. I was kind of going for the 'vintage manual illustration' look with the photo. I'll probably make an arrangement with Ibenac about the hood. Figure it may as well match if I go any further than the plastic ones.

The nice thing about these little Pentax film bodies is that you can pretty much just put a body cap on them and never have to be without a film body. I worked retail when those Super Programs were new, and I used to like to sell that combination to certain types of clientele.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, chrome, colors, es, f/2.8, film, films, flag, k1000, kx, lens, lever, lexus, light, love, lx, mode, mx, pentax, photo, photography, plate, post, product photography, reunion, shooters, sp, super-takumar, wind
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce myself... joostdh Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-07-2010 01:12 AM
Please let me introduce myself........ niklas Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-21-2009 05:04 AM
Pentax will introduce a new camera at PMA... hopey Pentax News and Rumors 72 03-03-2009 05:19 AM
Let me introduce myself here. PentaxUserK100d Welcomes and Introductions 1 02-06-2007 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself INcreative Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-19-2006 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top