Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #841
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I like the skin. And the camera looks in good shape. How do bay 1 Rollei filters fit? I tried putting mine on my buddies Autocord and they were a loose fit. My Rolleicord IV is in working condition but not in the best of shape. It needs a new focus matte (really yellow and dull) and I have to apply lighter fluid in the shutter mechanism often or it slows down. At f11 it will take a sharp shot but open it up and it really has soft corners which can be a feature, I guess I would really like to have a Rolleiflex with f2.8 viewing lens but those things just cost too much when I already have other MF cameras.
I have a Waltz yellow filter and hood always on it with no problem.
I just purchased a Rolleinar that I will try as soon as the camera is back.
The lens on my Autocord resolve around 125 lines according to Karl. It is one of the sharpest he has seen. So I do not have any Rolleiflex envy except for the wide one but they go around for 2 or 3 grands

Cheers,

Luc

12-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #842
Pentaxian

Pentax ME Super (loaded with my last roll of Kodachrome 64) taken using a Pentax KM, SMC-M 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens on Ilford Delta 100 ASA.

K.
12-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #843

My first post to forum. Thought i introduce my newly aquired LX and its nice 35mm/3.5 K lens. Loaded with Trix and ready to go(after i've finished my coffee).
Attached Images

12-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #844
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HeikkiK Quote
My first post to forum. Thought i introduce my newly aquired LX and its nice 35mm/3.5 K lens. Loaded with Trix and ready to go(after i've finished my coffee).
Welcome to the Pentax forum and it’s nice to have another film shooter among us!!

Great camera and lens as well!

Phil.

12-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #845
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Pentax ME Super (loaded with my last roll of Kodachrome 64) taken using a Pentax KM, SMC-M 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens on Ilford Delta 100 ASA.

K.
With the cable release your Super looks like a ballerina doing her warmup stretches.
12-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #846
Banned

12-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #847
Veteran Member

Now this is a nice and classy set.
Edit: Screw mounts are really nice cameras.

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 12-03-2010 at 03:14 PM.
12-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #848
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Now this is a nice and classy set.
Spotmatic are really nice cameras.

Cheers,

Luc
no spotmatic in the photo but thanks mate. =)
12-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #849

Here is my Super Program. Gifted to me by my beloved girlfriend after she received the camera for free! It is in immaculate condition and came with a Pentax-A 50mm F1.4!

Don't hate folks!
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #850
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no spotmatic in the photo but thanks mate. =)
Definitely classy.

(Oddly enough, when I was younger, it seemed a lot of photo-people around just called any screwmount Pentax a 'Spottie,' I kind of came here saying that, myself. )

And, hey, pretty sweet, Gua. That makes a nice combination with the 1.4.
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #851
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I like the skin. And the camera looks in good shape. How do bay 1 Rollei filters fit? I tried putting mine on my buddies Autocord and they were a loose fit. My Rolleicord IV is in working condition but not in the best of shape. It needs a new focus matte (really yellow and dull) and I have to apply lighter fluid in the shutter mechanism often or it slows down. At f11 it will take a sharp shot but open it up and it really has soft corners which can be a feature, I guess I would really like to have a Rolleiflex with f2.8 viewing lens but those things just cost too much when I already have other MF cameras.

Portra 160VC

Hey, I used to have one of those. It's possible I still do, actually, it'll just have been in some relative's attic since, well, erf, about half my life ago, if I didn't give it away before I bailed.

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood. Maybe nice and old but not collectey-priced, or if anyone's ever tried the plastic ones you can get on Ebay. Plastic may be OK, cause the thing'll probably end up in my pocket a fair bit.

Got one of these, now:

12-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #852
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, I used to have one of those. It's possible I still do, actually, it'll just have been in some relative's attic since, well, erf, about half my life ago, if I didn't give it away before I bailed.

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood. Maybe nice and old but not collectey-priced, or if anyone's ever tried the plastic ones you can get on Ebay. Plastic may be OK, cause the thing'll probably end up in my pocket a fair bit.

Got one of these, now:

Well I have a Yashica Bay 1 metal hood with its leather case. It did not fit quite right on the Autocord so I got a Waltz instead.
I will PM you.

Cheers,

Luc
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #853

And, hey, pretty sweet, Gua. That makes a nice combination with the 1.4.
Thanks Ratmagiclady, maybe this Christmas I'll stop being so lazy and run some film trough it... The 1.4 spends most of the time on my K200D.

That's a sexy Yashica you got there.
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #854
Pentaxian

Since it was mentioned, though, I've been wondering if anyone's got a good source for a Bay 1 hood.

keh.com has some Rollei Bay 1 hoods. They say if they are a 3rd party brand. I bought one from there and it was metal with the Rollei logo on it.
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Guakala Quote
Thanks Ratmagiclady, maybe this Christmas I'll stop being so lazy and run some film trough it... The 1.4 spends most of the time on my K200D.

That's a sexy Yashica you got there.
Hee. I was kind of going for the 'vintage manual illustration' look with the photo. I'll probably make an arrangement with Ibenac about the hood. Figure it may as well match if I go any further than the plastic ones.

The nice thing about these little Pentax film bodies is that you can pretty much just put a body cap on them and never have to be without a film body. I worked retail when those Super Programs were new, and I used to like to sell that combination to certain types of clientele.