Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #991
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
a quick photo of my daily carry. Pentax SV & Auto-Takumar 35mm. I was testing the Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 3.5 50mm on my K-7, and I liked it, so I thought i’d share.
Gorgeous looking SV! Especially like the Evereday case, is this an original case for the SV? I have the same Gordy’s wrist straps and would be nice to find the similar leather case for my Spotmatic.

David

03-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #992
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by IS050 Quote
Gorgeous looking SV! Especially like the Evereday case, is this an original case for the SV? I have the same Gordy’s wrist straps and would be nice to find the similar leather case for my Spotmatic.

David
Its an original Pentax case, but I don’t think it was originally for the SV. its a great case though! no stupid screw in connector at the bottom so it can stay on all the time. Ive thought about having a custom leather case made from the same pattern so as to not have the snaps on the back, but this one serves so well the cost hasn’t been worth it. cant say enough about gordy’s straps, thats for sure. I have one on nearly all my cameras including my leica M3. the best there is in my opinion, but I haven’t tried one of his neck straps.
03-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #993
Veteran Member

Its an original Pentax case, but I don’t think it was originally for the SV. its a great case though! no stupid screw in connector at the bottom so it can stay on all the time. Ive thought about having a custom leather case made from the same pattern so as to not have the snaps on the back, but this one serves so well the cost hasn’t been worth it. cant say enough about gordy’s straps, thats for sure. I have one on nearly all my cameras including my leica M3. the best there is in my opinion, but I haven’t tried one of his neck straps.
Thanks for the info on the case; I want to try my luck and see if I can find one. Totally agreed with the gordy’s strap, great workmanship and quality. I also wanted try his neck strap – (sling type).

David
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #994
Veteran Member

ME Super with Gordy's wrist strap

David

03-11-2011, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #995
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“The Ultimate with Cheese”

Well I needed another film camera and lens like a hole in the head, but I couldn’t resist this ultimate “K Series” combo!

Phil.
Attached Images

03-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #996
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by IS050 Quote
Thanks for the info on the case; I want to try my luck and see if I can find one. Totally agreed with the gordy’s strap, great workmanship and quality. I also wanted try his neck strap – (sling type).

David
good luck! I think they were designed for pre SV bodies. I have seen them on eBay a number of times, but almost always attached to a body. and as side note, I have never seen a complete case. only the bottom, never the top. strange.
03-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #997

I picked these three up last night. I also got a box full of filters (UV, ND, polarizers and some tones) and two crummy Quantaray zooms. The cameras are in great shape with only some moderate dings on the MX. The one downside is the 28mm has a stuck open aperture. I'm hoping it's something that can be easily fixed.

I'm eager to get some rolls through them, but it might not be until next week at the earliest. I do need to pickup new batteries.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
03-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #998
Veteran Member

So I went out and shot two rolls of film for the first time today. I've actually had a bunch of film bodies over the past year, but never got around to actually taking any pictures with them

I took out the LX with a K55/1.8 and a PZ-1p with an FA135/2.8. I won't say how many times I took a shot and looked at the back of the camera to see how it came out :ugh:

03-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #999
Inactive Account

My two babies.

MG & Super Programme. Both I got from a friend whom collect very good conditions Pentax.

03-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #1000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't shot film for over 10 yrs now, so this is my first cautious step back into the film world. Bought from another forum member, my 'new' (and cheap!) ME seems to work & I'm putting my first roll of film thru it now. A small ding at the top of the prism is the only major cosmetic issue that I can find. I love the sound & feel of these old cameras!

03-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #1001

Here's my Super A which I got secondjhnd today along with some smc Pentax-A lenses (with lens caps and original Pentax cases) plus manuals for the lenses and the Super A (not shown):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lens shown are:
-smc Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 (attached to the Super A in the the above photo)
-smc Pentax-A 35-105mm f3.5
-smc Pentax-A 70-210mm f4
03-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #1002
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Well I needed another film camera and lens like a hole in the head, but I couldn’t resist this ultimate “K Series” combo!

Phil.
I can see why you picked this one up though. It looks to be in great shape.
03-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #1003
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an SV and a leather ever-ready case that screws into the tripod mount. I don't think your case is for an SV...the Self-timer start button is completely covered by the case strap. It's nice though
03-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #1004
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
I have an SV and a leather ever-ready case that screws into the tripod mount. I don't think your case is for an SV...the Self-timer start button is completely covered by the case strap. It's nice though
no, im pretty sure it isn’t, but I almost never use the selftimer, though the button can be easily pressed through the strap. its the lack of the tripod screw attach that makes this case so wonderful. it protects well, it never causes issues when setting the camera down, it adds just enough thickness to make the body very comfortable to hold and to top it all off, it looks great.
03-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #1005
Veteran Member

just grab a Super A .. not as nice as my previous Super Program... its ok..