Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #1066
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just got a P30t It's turning out to be a lot of fun learning. I can go from my DL to my 1000 easily but the shutter release is giving me fits. trying to press the film advance lever does not take a photo these were taken straight out of the box. It has since been cleaned.

Attached Images

Last edited by patrick9; 04-26-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: more information added
04-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #1067
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
trying to press the film advance lever does not take a photo
The shutter release would be your best bet here

The camera shutter is battery dependent. Is the battery fresh?

Steve
04-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #1068
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

came with a fresh battery plus I have extra . The film advance lever is placed where my finger goes naturally. my finger is in training to go to the right spot. Good excuse to shoot more. Other than that I love the feel of this camera. Good excuse to shoot more.
04-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #1069

Photos: Gallery
My new baby with the lovely smc Tak 28

04-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #1070
Veteran Member

Here's mine:

Please tell me, how do you keep your lens clean? I'm having a hell of a time always rubbing off dust on the front element, I think I have made 2 small scratches already.

Last edited by vladimiroltean; 09-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #1071
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Please tell me, how do you keep your lens clean? I'm having a hell of a time always rubbing off dust on the front element, I think I have made 2 small scratches already.
First of all, I try to remove dust and tiny particles with a strong jet of air from a rubber bulb (the bulb has to be free of powder). Also, the simple wiping with soft and repeatedly washed cotton T-shirt will do no harm to the front lens, and after that any tiny leavings are easy to blow out.

And when the front element is very dirty and blowing or wiping doesnt work, I figured, that good result gives the very gentle wiping the front lens with a soft sponge dampened with diluted, not aggressive detergent, then sponge off a possible foam with a damp cloth, aid then wipe the lens dry. Of course, be careful that no water gets inside, the sponge should be damp but not dripping.
04-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #1072
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Don't worry about small amounts of dust. They truly don't effect image quality. As mentioned above, a blower is your first tool to use when the dust gets heavier. A soft, CLEAN, lint-free cloth or lens tissue may be used if the blower does not do the job. Fog the lens with your breath prior to wiping gently using a circular motion. The small amount of moisture provides a degree of lubrication and makes the dust easier to pick up. Finish up with the blower if needed. Fingerprints may be addressed with lens cleaning solution applied sparingly to the edge of lens tissue or a soft cloth. Try to find a lens solution made for use with fine optics.

A few cautions:
  • Avoid "scrubbing" the lens
  • The coatings on many vintage lenses are fragile and easily scratched
  • Don't use your t-shirt. It may look clean, but it isn't.
  • Don't use "canned air" at close range on any optical surface. The blast of propellant gas is delivered at a high velocity and at a VERY low temperature.
  • Microfiber lens cleaning chamois work well, but care should be taken to keep them clean. They can and should be laundered frequently by hand to remove grease and grit.

Steve

04-30-2011, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #1073
Veteran Member

Some terrific posts the past few weeks. k0og...nice MX! One day I'd live to find one in black......

Well my package arrived! According to the seller, it was her fathers and has been sitting in a closet since he bought it....and it certainly looks nearly unused.... I already had a K but not quite in this shape. The original plastic wrap and manual are still in the box as well....

From left to right....the 1959 K, 1958 S and the 1957 AP.....

04-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #1074
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tips, and I hate to say it, but there really are two tiny scratches in the coating, I knew it would happen ever since I bought the camera.
This lens is a dust magnet! With my previous camera, a Zenit with Helios 44M lens, I didn't even use a cloth, had no special care of it, and still it looks immaculate. It's unfair.
04-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #1075

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Well my package arrived! According to the seller, it was her fathers and has been sitting in a closet since he bought it....and it certainly looks nearly unused.... I already had a K but not quite in this shape. The original plastic wrap and manual are still in the box as well....
Unbelievable find! Those are beautiful!
04-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #1076
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some terrific posts the past few weeks. k0og...nice MX! One day I'd live to find one in black......

Just...wow..
04-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #1077
Veteran Member

Thanks guys. It also came with a beautiful C.Z. Jena 50/2.8, a Komura 200/3.5 and a Weston meter. The meter is in great shape but oddly enough the focusing is frozen on both the Carl Zeus and the Komura. I think they simply sat too long without use.

Last edited by SteveM; 05-01-2011 at 06:45 AM.
04-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #1078
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice Steve!!

Phil.
05-01-2011, 01:50 AM   #1079
Inactive Account

talk about your luck..
05-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #1080
Pentaxian

What a beautiful collection. I hope they get used as well as admired!

K.