Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #1201
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My latest acquisition.
After years of wanting one, I finally found a black KX in decent condition for a good price.

09-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #1202
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Speaking of decent condition, does anybody around here have any experience repairing cloth shutters?
09-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #1203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
My latest acquisition.
After years of wanting one, I finally found a black KX in decent condition for a good price.
Colton, congrats on your KX! It looks in excellent shape. I have one and really like it, look forward to your pictures from this fine camera.

David
09-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #1204
Veteran Member

Congratulations on the new KX and glad it's in working order. And it's dead sexy in black <g>.

Best,
Kevin

09-14-2011, 04:32 AM   #1205
Site Supporter

My latest acquisition.
Lovely!

Do you have a source for those little leatherette wrappers designed to protect the top plate from the strap rings? I haven't been able to find them online, but it might just be because I don't know what they're called, or if they even have a name.

09-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #1206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IS050 Quote
Colton, congrats on your KX! It looks in excellent shape. I have one and really like it, look forward to your pictures from this fine camera.

David
Thanks David,
I was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition when it showed up as the photos on ebay were over exposed with direct flash and it made the camera appear somewhat beat up. I kinda figured that might be the case and decided it was worth risking for $58.

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Congratulations on the new KX and glad it's in working order. And it's dead sexy in black <g>.

Best,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin,
the camera seems to be completely function but I think I will send it to Eric for a CLA regardless. It needs new seals and the mirror bumper foam is nearly gone, besides, a camera like this deserves to be kept in tip top shape.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Lovely!

Do you have a source for those little leatherette wrappers designed to protect the top plate from the strap rings? I haven't been able to find them online, but it might just be because I don't know what they're called, or if they even have a name.
I don't have a source for these and have done some research into them in the past but came up empty handed. Some previous owner of this camera removed them from the camera and attached them to the strap so they were still in good condition.
09-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #1207
Veteran Member

Lovely!

You can check out Gordy's camera straps, they do carry this strap bumper but I am not sure if you can order without a neck strap or wrist strap.
gordy's camera straps

David
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #1208
Veteran Member

Thanks David,
I was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition when it showed up as the photos on ebay were over exposed with direct flash and it made the camera appear somewhat beat up. I kinda figured that might be the case and decided it was worth risking for $58.
Colton, that is a very good deal indeed, did it also comes with the K55mm f1.8? That would even be a killer deal!

David

09-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #1209
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IS050 Quote
Colton, that is a very good deal indeed, did it also comes with the K55mm f1.8? That would even be a killer deal!

David
Haha, no, the KX came body only. I got the 55/1.8 last year with a pristine chrome KM for $69.

I also just realized that this KX has a split prism focus screen.
09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #1210
Pentaxian

My latest acquisition.
Nice score. It looks good indeed.
09-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #1211
Site Supporter

KX has a split prism focus screen.
Oooooo...Ahhhhhhh!!!

Steve
09-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #1212
Pentaxian

On a whim I went and bought a roll of Kodak something 400, and put it into the A3000, goopy seals and all. I notcied that lenses won't click into place on the camera - they'll go all the way but won't actually lock in place. That said, they still work, so I've been taking some peopel shots of friends and family to see how they turn out.

The camera amazingly basic - my K-x has spoiled me I think.
09-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #1213
Veteran Member

Just curious. How rare is the ME SE model with the brown leather? I won an auction for one with a 50mm 1.7 M lens for $29. Sounded like a good deal at the time...
09-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #1214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
Just curious. How rare is the ME SE model with the brown leather? I won an auction for one with a 50mm 1.7 M lens for $29. Sounded like a good deal at the time...
I've seen lots of Pentax gear, but never laid hands on the ME SE. Great camera! Either that or the 50mm F/1.7 for $30 would have been an automatic-buy kind of good deal. Both is a steal!
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #1215
Veteran Member

Lovely!

I make my own; it's so easy to cut with a knife. Of course, it won't be so uniform like those stamped.
Sluggo, how many pairs do you need? I have 2 extras to give away. Some cameras such as K-x and MZs don't have the strap ring.

Last edited by violini; 09-16-2011 at 09:16 AM.