Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #1471
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Thanks Paul. These two almost new K2's (Black/sliver) are the only two items that I don't ever use.

I’m intrigued, let us know what you buy! (I’m assuming its camera gear and not new rain tires!)

Sunny up here this weekend, so I’m contemplating my starting line-up for Saturday & Sunday.
Have the two rolls of film out of the fridge warming up, I can hardly wait to get going tomorrow! First all sunny weekend this year.

Have a good weekend, Phil.
Sounds like you ahve a fun plan!!

Last week the mint SF1n came with 6 rolls of expired film. Sure, there's TMAX in there but I hadn't noticed when I dumped it in the fridge that there's a roll of 2008 Ektachrome!

Banner day today - my K105/2.8 came, so the M100/2.8 goes on the block Sunday morning. It should look awfully nice (and work awfully well) on a (dark side) Yellow K-01. I am absolutely beguiled by the little beast.

Last night I held my MESuper up chin-height with my elbows at my sides and looked slightly down at the film holder. I think it will work with eyeglasses on, And who knows how much fun video might be?

I am sated on lens buying for a while.

02-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #1472
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sounds like you ahve a fun plan!!

Last week the mint SF1n came with 6 rolls of expired film. Sure, there's TMAX in there but I hadn't noticed when I dumped it in the fridge that there's a roll of 2008 Ektachrome!

Banner day today - my K105/2.8 came, so the M100/2.8 goes on the block Sunday morning. It should look awfully nice (and work awfully well) on a (dark side) Yellow K-01. I am absolutely beguiled by the little beast.

Last night I held my MESuper up chin-height with my elbows at my sides and looked slightly down at the film holder. I think it will work with eyeglasses on, And who knows how much fun video might be?

I am sated on lens buying for a while.
I thought it might be the K-01! I read some of your posts in that forum and you seemed to like it. I would agree it looks much better than a regular DSLR.

Phil.
02-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #1473
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I thought it might be the K-01! I read some of your posts in that forum and you seemed to like it. I would agree it looks much better than a regular DSLR.

Phil.
[Some Edits added:]

Since what I really do is goof around with a K10D (which is still, BTW, a fine camera) and try my best to be serious with these film cameras I can get a K5 sensor, better video and spend less money. Plus it will be fun and different.
  • 16.28 Megapixel sensor from the Pentax K-5
  • K-mount with same lens support as Pentax DSLRs (all manual lenses OK!)
  • New Prime M image processor!!
  • Improved video: H.264 format and 30/25/24 FPS at full HD, 60/50/30/35/24 at 720p
  • Shake Reduction, Dust Removal
  • Mirrorless, no optical or electronic viewfinder
  • Compatible with all Pentax DSLR accessories
  • Same battery and charger as the K-5
  • Exclusive design by Marc Newson
  • New HDR and scene modes
  • 81-point contrast-detect autofocus (for comparison, the Q has 25 points); selectable points
  • TTL metering system (probably no need for P-TTL)
  • Dedicated AF assist light
For an eyeglass-wearing guy, if I can make the LCD work - and I think I can - this could be a godsend. dSLR viewfinders just don't stand up to an LX or MESuper (or a K body split-image, for that matter). I bet (considering that I've decided to punt macro and extreme-tele due to vision) I can use this as a casual camera, a serious camera, a pocket camera and a backup camera for all the things I do, and continue film for all the sublime pleasures of film bodies.

I also just figured out how to deal with the LCD on bright, sunny days. The brim won't get in the way of an LCD.

I bet Ricoh has a K-r replacement body planned for announcement at CP+, more info on the lens roadmap, a K-5 replacement this summer and something really shocking for Photokina. A dim thought is forming in my mind (if you've read some of my other posts you know what I think is happening) that Ricoh is going to take this farther than anyone here even dares to hope.

Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a plan and you will be happy.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1474
Veteran Member

Gave my pretty mint all black me super to a friend. Mainly because I love my MX, its become my main camera with my Q taggin along.I posted pics of my MX before but it was incomplete and they were really crap photos, this is crap too but way better, taken with my cell phone right next to its lil sis... Ya the MX is SMALL!

Last edited by wanderography; 03-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #1475
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The stickers.. why?
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #1476
Veteran Member

stickers? you mean the gaffers tape over the logos? I usually wear black shirts, sweatshirts, or jackets. Blends in real well, little things like logos, small colors on a large canvas of an opposite colors can attract an eye from the peripheral vision, AKA advertisement, I love pentax dont want there logo plastered all over my camera to attract attention when I dont want it.Would of blacked out the Q but makes no sense with the shiny silver lens.
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #1477
Site Supporter

Mechanical Marvels

Here are my examples of early Asahi models: Asahiflex 2a with 58 f2.4; Heiland Pentax H1 with (semi) Auto f2.2; early Asahi SV with Pentax Meter and 55 f1.8; Later Honeywell H1a with 55 f2.0 and later Pentax Meter.
I have used all and they all work well - except the "round top" meter, where the cell has deteriorated. Still looking for a replacement cell. The Heiland H1 in particular looks as though it has hardly been used. Eric has been through it and it is like new.
As a mechanical engineer, it's interesting to see the evolutionary changes from model to model. On these the changes were all improvements, not cost reduction.
Name:  Mechanical Marvels.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  321.7 KB
02-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1478
Veteran Member

Great to see those old classics. K.

02-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #1479
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrific set Tom. They look to be in great shape!
02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #1480
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That's one sweet lineup there Tom!
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #1481
Loyal Site Supporter

I got my new - old - toy yesterday. It's a Spotmatic SPII - not perfect, but very clean & appears to be functional. The SMC Tak 55/1.8 is in superb shape. The meter & self-timer work, shutter fires & changes speed like its supposed to. I won't know how accurate it is til I put a roll thru it. Light seals & mirror bumper foam are totally gone, so that's the first order of business. I love the classic lines

Last edited by paulh; 02-14-2012 at 04:20 PM.
02-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1482
Veteran Member

Good looking example of the SPII you have there. I just did the seals on my one. Not a difficult job but a bit tedious!

K.
02-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #1483
Site Supporter

Sweet piece you got there.
02-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #1484
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks guys! I've redone the seals on a couple ME's, so I imagine this one won't be much different. Tedious, yes, but it's a nice feeling when it's finished. Hopefully I can go awhile before needing a CLA.
02-17-2012, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #1485
Forum Member

Here's my latest (bought from forum member Colton (thanks, Colton!):

I bought a K to M42 adapter so that's my Super Takumar 55/1.8 attached. The camera is in really nice shape and I'm looking forward to using it! I learned photography on a K1000 and my other film camera is a Spotmatic SPII so it feels very familiar.