Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #571
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A good friend took my Super Program, just can't help but get another one back, and this one even came w/ a data back :

05-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #572
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I am about to conclude that is the way to buy old Pentax bodies. I see screw mounts in used camera stores and thrift stores for much less than Fleabay.
I have got a few things that way from out of town from GoodWill. Locally I have seen an AE-1 and a couple of lenses and an Olympus is all. They now have there own version of Fleabay as well.

Nice body Frank. That strap is icing on the cake!

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
A good friend took my Super Program, just can't help but get another one back, and this one even came w/ a data back :

05-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #573

Gorgeous camera with that databack! I hate straps, only use them in concerts or very crowded spaces, but this one is a nice addition to the came. But drop the butterfly...

Just won this very rare black ME-F on ebay:

Camerapedia even says the camera doesn't exist Will be a killer street combo together with the 40mm pancake
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #574
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote

Nice body Frank. That strap is icing on the cake!
Thanks I like the strap too, that's why I ended up w/ two of them, one on K7 and one on Super Program

QuoteOriginally posted by Dizono Quote
Gorgeous camera with that databack! I hate straps, only use them in concerts or very crowded spaces, but this one is a nice addition to the came. But drop the butterfly...
Thanks.

Can't drop the butterfly now, 'cause the lens is called 'butterfly macro' at a very popular Chinese forum. Well, because I did the review w/ the butterfly sticker on I guess

05-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #575

My camera:
Pentax MZ-30 (very easy to operate-has useful memory loc feature)
My lens:

Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Macro (a lens made in Japan, nice and sharp)
My film:
Usually used with Kodak ISO400 film
05-17-2010, 09:35 AM   #576
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
For that price, it is worth it. However, if you have the time to scout garage sales, you may even get a lens or two thrown in for around that price.
Usually, if there is a decent lens attached it seems to drive the price on ebay.
I picked up the entire kit ( K1000 SE, M 50/2, M200/4 w/ case, Bag, and a cheap Vivitar Flash) for $60.

Swift1
05-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #577
Veteran Member

Here's 'Ghost,' the newest addition to my Pentax stable, a ZX-5, sporting a AA grip and the trusty FA 50.

05-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #578
Veteran Member

Ooh -- nice tripod head, RML!...the camera is tasty too.
05-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #579
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
Ooh -- nice tripod head, RML!...the camera is tasty too.
Hee, that's actually my lucky Amvona score from when they were bombarding Ebay with auctions. You could do better for what they charge for them retail, but this was a real good break for me a few years ago. The plate's all rough cause it's one of Adorama's cheapie house-branded ones that I ground out to fit the proprietary safety catch under less-than-optimal conditions. (When I eventually get nicer plates I'll just yank the offending proprietary pin and/or put on a better make of clamp. Is a pretty sweet head for thirty bucks or whatever, though. ) For now I'm sturdy-tripod-happy: I think I pretty much paid just shipping for the legs.

It's too big to see much abuse, so, I should be covered there for a while.

MZ-5 is not bad, though. I still find the lack of film cranks or any loading confirmation totally freaks out my photographic instincts, but so far, the little one seems pretty wieldy with the battery grip on there, and the AF is good enough to help me when my eyes are tired. (BTW, if *anyone* knows where I can find some of those stick-on vinyl film memo-holders like you used to be able to get, I'd be greatly appreciative. The best substitute I can find from office supply just isn't as sticky. )
05-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #580
Veteran Member

@lady..

what hood is that? can you inform us about it? seem huge?

05-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #581
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dizono Quote

Just won this very rare black ME-F on ebay:

Camerapedia even says the camera doesn't exist Will be a killer street combo together with the 40mm pancake
very cutie. i know this one is very rare. congratulation for your purchasing. i have only the silver one.
05-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #582
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
@lady..

Looks to me like a rubber collapsing Hoya hood like the one I use. Excellent hood, but it doesn't allow the lens cap to be used in unison if that is an issue for you.
05-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #583
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
@lady..

It's quite large, yes: though maybe not as large as perspective in that shot makes it appear: it's not rubber, but rather old rigid plastic. By the feel of the plastic, I would guess it's from anywhere between the Sixties and early Eighties. It's sturdy and well-made, with no sign of injection-molding marks or seams, (the threads almost seem machined rather than cast with the rest of it) but is more brittle in feel than later plastics probably are. It may have even come from an old movie camera lens or an early camcorder. More likely it's a generic aftermarket hood from days of better quality.

It's wonderful, (even goes with the lines of a K20d) but I'm afraid it's totally unlabeled (Ebay score) and I just don't know where it may have originally come from. Sorry!

52mm thread, btw, well worth stepping it up IMHO.

(Here's another view of it, I was just posting this pic on another thread: )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-19-2010 at 10:10 AM.
05-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #584
Inactive Account

S1a

05-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #585

Photos: Albums
got my new Super A off Ebay last week, seems like its in excellent condition, already did some test shots. The light seals definately need replacement soon though.

This is the body the Super A is replacing, my fathers old Voigtländer VSL3-E. Quite a beauty, but one of the shutter windows keeps getting jammed, and the light meter is dead.