Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KjetilH Quote
Yesterday I bought:
SuperA
Motor Drive A/Battery Pack A
A35-105/3.5
A70-210/4
AF280T

Some signs of wear here and there, but worth the price I paid (not a real bargain, but I really wanted the 35-105 anyway).
Nice choice, though.

06-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #602

Photos: Gallery
I got myself a black MX the other day. I'm just getting started with film and I love it. The strap was a pleasant surprise, didn't know it was going to be in the package!

Everything seems to work just fine, except when on B the shutter won't close unless the advance lever is completely "closed" (as in the picture below) - not sure if this is how it's supposed to work? Anyway, I've ordered a light seal kit so soon I'll be ready to shoot some!

06-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #603
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pontusadefjord Quote
Everything seems to work just fine, except when on B the shutter won't close unless the advance lever is completely "closed" (as in the picture below) - not sure if this is how it's supposed to work?
That's 'not right/not normal' and counter to the manual - but you might note that you can lock the shutter OPEN in B-mode with the shutter button lock to facilitate extra long exposures if that might have been a coincidental issue.

H2
06-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #604
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
As Chris mentioned a black KM is uncommon, but not rare. Reason it cost $25.00 more for a black (KM, KX, K2) body than the chrome version. If you were willing to spend close to $500 for a chrome K2 then an extra $25 for a black body is not that bad. However a chrome KM cost $265.00, spending another $25 on just the camera colour was probably not the top priority for most people buying that model. They would most likely rather spend the $25 towards a lens or camera case.

When the K1000 came out a year later in 1976, there was never a back version. The K1000 was a “budget” camera and $25 was a lot of money back then for most people, it was more than a day’s salary for me!

Hence black K2’s are fairly common, but a black KM not so much.

Phil.

that is very logic argumentation Phil. i can accept it.
thanks.

which one actually the flagship of Pentax camera those days.. the KX or K2? and which one selling best from those two?

06-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #605
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
that is very logic argumentation Phil. i can accept it.
thanks.

which one actually the flagship of Pentax camera those days.. the KX or K2? and which one selling best from those two?

The K2 was the flagship in the initial 1975 K Series release. Then in 1976 an improved K2DMD came out.

I'm not sure which would have sold better the K2 or KX, if I was going to guess I'd pick the KX. Of course the K1000 outsold all the K Series cameras.

Phil.
06-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #606
Veteran Member

Brought my SLR back to life yesterday (well! just needed new batteries, now should be good for another decade). I think it looks pretty nice with the FA limiteds.

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #607

My Pentax Gear

Well, seeing as I just took a shot of all of my Pentax gear a couple of weeks ago, might as well post it . There's one digital body here though, so just ignore that one. Film bodies include: MX, SF1n, PZ-1p, ZX-5 and (MZ-5). I just won an ME Super on the 'bay and will be adding that to the "family" soon. Lenses include M 50mm f1.4, 28mm f2.8, AF 50mm f1.4, Takumar 135mm f2.5, and Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-4.0 (version 3 by Komine).

I'm loving digging back into this stuff again! It's like finding buried treasure.

06-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #608
Veteran Member

I really enjoyed the thread, but got through it mostly without a hint of jealousy until I saw this one. I hope you don't mind but I think this pic just became one of my favorite desktop wallpapers. Lovely camera, great shot!

I'm a confirmed Spottie II fan myself. No other camera Pentax has ever made has my heart nearly to the degree the SPII does. I've been coveting an upgrade to an SPII for some time now. I'm pretty darned thrilled that not one but two SPII's will be in my possession as of this next week.

I've got one arriving on Tuesday from Goodwill, condition unknown at the moment, and another coming as a gift from someone elsewhere who stunned me utterly by telling me he's checked out and sent me a fully working SPII instead of the cold shoe and flash cable I was expecting from that direction!

(Yes, I'm going to be dogging the mail truck all this week! I'm so excited our regular mail carrier probably won't even get to the door before I'll likely be meeting him at the truck and taking those boxes right out of his hands!)

I can live with two SPII's. The thought of one had me happy, but TWO? That's my idea of heaven, Pentax-wise. I'm definitely hoping that the one from Goodwill will work too because that would give me my "back up" SPII body and I'd finally be able to sell my SPI for parts but even if it doesn't just the prospect of having one that actually works 100% is just thrilling me to pieces.

That being said, the pic of above K1000SE did make me almost drool. I'm not usually a huge fan of the regular K1000. I always figured I might get one eventually just so I could have a mount for K-lenses but I never thought I'd really like the K1000 much when compared to the SPII which I think is a truly elegant camera.

Until I saw the SE I was not really that charmed by the ones I had seen. But that brown leatherette SE, it does talk to me in a big way, and I do think that when I finally go there and finally get me a K-mount to go with my Spotties that one is definitely going to be it. Actually, I almost had one. I was supposed to do a digital imaging job locally in trade for one, but at the last moment the person pulled out. Ah well. It's not like there is any real dearth of them of them out there. It can wait for a while, but that's definitely the one I want for my K-mount eventually.

SPIIx2, K1000SEx1, and as many lovely Takumars as I can afford, grin, that's going to be my whole film kit. It's Pentax all the way, baby! But that's it. That's more than enough film cameras for me. I don't need a dozen of them, in fact I'll probably be sacrificing my Canon AE-1 in all black just so I can buy more Takumars at some point for these.

Pic of my SPII's shortly here. I'll come back and add a pic of them as soon as I have them in hand. Probably will by Friday, if not before.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Fairly new hobby: I've been collecting Pentax film bodies for the last couple of years (to keep the prices down, mostly just the broken ones that I might be able to fix). I just finished restoring this K1000SE. Belle of the ball, pride and joy, etc.

06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #609
Veteran Member

The mailman came today!!!! Yahoo!!!! Asahi Pantax S1a, $9.99 plus $10 shipping, in great shape, except where the slide on flash shoe gouged the top a bit. Other than that it is in really nice shape, it came with the original case that is in pretty good shape, and a Focal 28mm F2.8. But I shot a roll with the Super Tak 35 F3.5, off to get it processed, wish me luck !!

06-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #610
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice snag on the S1a!
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #611
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Brought my SLR back to life yesterday (well! just needed new batteries, now should be good for another decade). I think it looks pretty nice with the FA limiteds.
It will work nicely as well. I really like my FA77 Ltd on my LX. On the SuperP you will get all your modes as well.
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #612
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Nice snag on the S1a!

Everything SEEMS to work well on it. The proof is in the puddin' though, off to get the roll processed, hopefully I'll have some photos to post in a few hours...
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #613
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I really enjoyed the thread, but got through it mostly without a hint of jealousy until I saw this one...
Glad you think it's pretty. I was just shooting with it recently too - it still works great, and probably will for decades, if I can keep buying film.
06-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #614
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
It will work nicely as well. I really like my FA77 Ltd on my LX. On the SuperP you will get all your modes as well.

Mine's a Program plus, not 'super'. Made an error with the other post, and later changed the title and unfortunately it was too late, so the main title stuck.

My Program Plus pictured above doesn't have shutter priority, but I will mostly use the Av or M anyways, and that Bulb mode would be awesome for long exposures.

P.S: I guess the Program Plus with the LTD's doesn't look that sexy with all the other cool vintage Pentax SLR's posted here, but to me it looks HOT.

Last edited by pcarfan; 06-29-2010 at 05:38 PM.
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #615
Veteran Member

Here are my two most recent acquisition. Darn ebay and CBA

The K2 has seen some use but works great for the most part. No problems with the ASA ring. The MLU and DOF preview seem stiff though. Meter is accurate and all shutter speeds seem great in AV and M. You really can't complain when it was $25 for the body, the K 24/2.8 I've had for awhile.

The KM is barely used and in near mint condition as well as the K 55/1.8 that came with it. Probably the cleanest older camera I own now. Body and lens plus a nice flash and some good filters was $70