Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #1531
Inactive Account

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

zionfarm that's a nice lens. normhead i love the program plus.no it doesn't go to 2000th shutterspeed but it's still a sweet camera i have three of them on motor drives.

03-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #1532
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how can a photo be taken with 3 lenses at the same time?

03-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #1533
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The two brothers:

The left hand one has Tri-X in it, the right a new roll of RVP50.
03-17-2012, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #1534
Forum Member

Here are two of my recent aquisitions: Pentax P30 and P30t.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #1535
Veteran Member

P30's are one of the real bargains of the Pentax SLR range. Nice looking pair there.
03-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #1536
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
P30's are one of the real bargains of the Pentax SLR range. Nice looking pair there.
Thanks! They really aren't very popular, probably because people want the older retro-looking metal cameras or newer feature-packed autofocus ones. Other than the DX coding, the P30s are great for manual focus lenses.
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #1537
Inactive Account

my film cameras

03-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #1538
Inactive Account

Ah I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I posted about this very topic a while ago here.

Anyway, here is my ME Super, kindly sold to me by member jjdgti:

I really like how I can share lenses between the ME Super and my K-5. Helps keep my kit small and light. And it always amuses me looking at people's jaws drop when I detach a lens from the ME Super and attach them to the K5.

This little ME Super is embarked on my current "Ektar project" which as you can guess, involves shooting with Ektar film. There's some of my stash in the picture
03-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #1539
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Weber Quote
Ah I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. I posted about this very topic a while ago here.

Anyway, here is my ME Super, kindly sold to me by member jjdgti:

I really like how I can share lenses between the ME Super and my K-5. Helps keep my kit small and light. And it always amuses me looking at people's jaws drop when I detach a lens from the ME Super and attach them to the K5.

This little ME Super is embarked on my current "Ektar project" which as you can guess, involves shooting with Ektar film. There's some of my stash in the picture
Good old Pentax interchangeability! Every lens I buy for my Pentax kit has to fit a digital and an LX, unless I can make a justification for digital only.

The ME Super is a real delight to use, and Ektar is the king of landscape films in the color negative world.
03-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #1540
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Ektar is the king of landscape films in the color negative world.
I'm probably in the minority. Ektar is brilliant, but its just too saturated for me. I actually prefer the look of prortra fro landscapes as well as portraits. very natural colours.
03-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #1541
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I'm probably in the minority. Ektar is brilliant, but its just too saturated for me. I actually prefer the look of prortra fro landscapes as well as portraits. very natural colours.
I actually quite agree with you, in that I'd never recommend someone Ektar for 'general purpose' use. Not just extremely saturated, the film also demands careful control of exposure. With overexposure the saturation (esp. in the warm tones) quickly shoots up into unreal territory and a magenta cast comes in.

Having said that, I'm using Ektar for a very specific purpose, exploiting its peculiar characteristics.

I'm putting together a portfolio for the purpose of observing exactly what color characteristics people are responding to when they claim to like certain images for their "filmlike" quality. In the portfolio there will be an unlabeled mix of normally-exposed Ektar pictures, slightly-overexposed Ektar pictures, as well as digital prints from my K-5. I'd like to see how people react to the different color rendering in that mix of prints.

For general purpose use, I rather prefer the Portra line of films. Not for this project though, since the Portras are so well-balanced in color that I find most prints indistinguishable from what I make with my K-5!
03-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #1542
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Weber Quote
I actually quite agree with you, in that I'd never recommend someone Ektar for 'general purpose' use. Not just extremely saturated, the film also demands careful control of exposure. With overexposure the saturation (esp. in the warm tones) quickly shoots up into unreal territory and a magenta cast comes in.
Neither would I, though I must comment that my experience has been a bit opposite of yours in regards to magenta. I see the magenta shift with underexposure. Overexposure results in a stereotypical weird blocked up "crayola" red as well as decreased contrast.

A few years back (when Ektar 100 was brand new), I posted an exposure test. My conclusions are in this post:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/66735-ektar-ex...tml#post670134

A sampling of my Ektar shots may be found here:

Flickr: Search fotostevia's photostream

I would add that those with a magenta cast (the Pentax SV stuff) were exposed per an ancient selenium light meter that I later determined was off by 1.5 to 2 stops under. Some of the others with a weird look were processed and scanned at Costco. After that roll, I switched to a different lab and have generally had pretty well-balanced results as long as the exposure is right. The strange thing about the magenta is that it is not really a magenta cast. The whites are dead on even when the tans are going pink.

Steve

(...shoots Ektar, Gold 200, and Ferrania Solaris 100, but truth be told, prefers the K10D for color work...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-25-2012 at 02:51 PM.
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #1543
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Focus on my new M 50/1.4 (I forgot I had another 50/1.7!, sure,,,)

Back from Eric and feeling so super smooth now. A thing of beauty, for sure.
03-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #1544
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Focus on my new M 50/1.4 (I forgot I had another 50/1.7!, sure,,,)

Back from Eric and feeling so super smooth now. A thing of beauty, for sure.
Oh my my. I cannot define camera pr0n, but I know it when I see it. Have you shown Phil?
03-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #1545

Hello
I finally came from London with my ME Super!

I got her something like a month ago in ebay.co.uk, then went to London last week and finally got her!
I had a serious problem with a crumbled foam on the focusing screen, it took absolutely ages to clean the fresnel lens but I am absolutely happy with the result.
Tomorrow I will clean the leatherette as I just noticed it comes out brown in some spots using a flash: no good.

I got for very cheap some accessories too, all won in eBay thanks to sellers' typos or poor descriptions combined to even more rubbish pictures:

• a brand new Pentax AF200S flashgun / I know, nothing special, but hey, £1.20!!! Sold as in average conditions, you can imagine how happy I was when I opened the parcel and saw it was new!
  • a seagull/periscope whatever-is-called-thing, £4
  • a Soligor 28-80 macro lens, free (£4, then refunded in full because badly affected by fungus). I bought it because of a missing adaptor ring (read below).
  • a Prinz Auto x2 Teleconverter, £1.25 or something like that
  • a Helios Auto x3 teleconverter, £3 (sold as "Hellioss x3", one bid, mine)

Now I am waiting for my M42 adapter ring to turn up, in this way I will be able to use the two lenses I've been given, a Pentacon MC Auto 50mm f/1.8 and a Schacht Ulm Super Travenar MC Auto 200mm f/3.5.

One day it will arrive from Hong Kong... Maybe...