Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #2101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nild Quote
Introducing...

my collection. Love those small SLR's. Digital I'm shooting Canon but for 35mm I prefer those nice MX cameras. Great Handling and a lot of great lenses for them.
Welcome to the forum and nice collection!

Phil.

11-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #2102
Inactive Account

i just bought this super program off of goodwill online. i haven't received it yet but when i do i'll post more pics. it comes with a pentax 35-70 lens.
Attached Images

11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #2103
Veteran Member

My little babies Pentax/Ricoh
(I have about 10 more film cameras ... other brands.)

Last edited by mrNewt; 12-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #2104
Inactive Account

Sorry for the crap pic. Today I found this in a thrift store. I was gonna sell it, but hot damn if it doesn't sing to me. I don't shoot film, but I think I may have to now, just so I can play with it. I guess this makes it my first film SLR and Pentax. It is in immaculate condition and looks unused. The lens is the stock 50mm f/2 M. I wish I could get that split screen viewfinder into my T4i.

12-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #2105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mackeral Quote
Sorry for the crap pic. Today I found this in a thrift store. I was gonna sell it, but hot damn if it doesn't sing to me. I don't shoot film, but I think I may have to now, just so I can play with it. I guess this makes it my first film SLR and Pentax. It is in immaculate condition and looks unused. The lens is the stock 50mm f/2 M. I wish I could get that split screen viewfinder into my T4i.
Looks like a re-skin, which is not unusual. Make sure to check the foam of the mirror bumper and door seals. If they look good, then it would appear that the camera has been serviced. I bought one of these wonderful machines (I have 39 film cameras, and the K5 is my only digital SLR). The foam in my K1000 had disintegrated and clogged up the works to such an extent that although the camera looked mint, it would not work properly. I sent it to Chris Sherlock who found it was no easy matter to clean it up. I have not had this particular problem on other even older cameras, so it must have been an unusual case.

If I had a job to do, I would use the K5, but if I want to enjoy taking pictures, I lovingly select a film classic.
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #2106
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold;2199791[B:
]Looks like a re-skin[/B], which is not unusual. Make sure to check the foam of the mirror bumper and door seals. If they look good, then it would appear that the camera has been serviced. I bought one of these wonderful machines (I have 39 film cameras, and the K5 is my only digital SLR). The foam in my K1000 had disintegrated and clogged up the works to such an extent that although the camera looked mint, it would not work properly. I sent it to Chris Sherlock who found it was no easy matter to clean it up. I have not had this particular problem on other even older cameras, so it must have been an unusual case.

If I had a job to do, I would use the K5, but if I want to enjoy taking pictures, I lovingly select a film classic.
Why? The brown one has been documented.
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #2107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why? The brown one has been documented.
Yes, you are right, there was a special coloured second edition. However, many are recovered regardless. I assume yours is not one of those then. (not that there is anything wrong with that).

12-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #2108
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Yes, you are right, there was a special coloured second edition. However, many are recovered regardless. I assume yours is not one of those then. (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Then maybe mine is. The foam appears to be in fine condition. No flaking or damage that I can see. I'll try to get some better pictures up of the interior.
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #2109
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
From the photo, yours is a nice, clean K1000 SE with its original (or recovered) brown leather.

Get some film in it
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #2110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Appears to me to be the original brown leatherette on the SE version of the K1000. My daughter took one to New Mexico to shoot landscape about a decade ago but she then went over to the dark side in 2004 (Canon). IIRC there weas a small gold sticker on the bottom marked "Hong Kong," but not all SE's were made there. You should have a 45' split-image VF, the principal benefit of the SE version (and a rare and useful feature).

Here is a link to the K1000 Serial Number database thtead originally compiled by Ole from members responses.
You can use this to place your new camera in the approximate time sequence of its manufactuere.

Here is where you can view the data and add the information for your specific camera
We will appreciate you completing the infomration and forwarding it to the database keeper!! TYVM

Last edited by monochrome; 12-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.
12-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #2111
Veteran Member

First post here, responding to the original post.

My primary Pentax film camera is an old Pentax Spotmatic, M42.

Primary lenses in no particular order:

Industar 50, M39
Helios 44-2, M42
SMC Takumar 50, M42
SMC Takumar 55, M42
Auto Sears 135, F2.8, M42

I also shoot film with a Ricoh KR-5, which I suppose is in the family paired with an SMC Pentax 50 or an Auto Sears 50.

Favorite film right now is Ilford HP5+. Though I just bought several different films to try in various cameras. Tyring to only shoot film that I can develop at home in order to keep costs down.

Some people love to have the latest and greatest, but my hobby is to find old diamonds in the rough and turn out some nice photos that make me happy. I also use all of these lense on my K10D.
12-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #2112
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It looks to be in very nice condition. I love the brown leather K1000 SE, and also have one just like yours. They also did a brown leather ME SE I believe.

The K1000's song has been a dangerous siren to many before you. It's music to my ears and eyes every time I use one of mine. Here's a couple links to help you out if needed:
K1000 PDF manual: http://www.lensinc.net/manuals/Pentax_K1000L.pdf
A great post about using the K1000: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/107126-i-use-k1000.html
The thread here to post pictures from your K1000: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/53503-cool-let...ilm-shots.html
12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #2113
Pentaxian

Pentax KX

I just picked this up yesterday for a great deal on a local classified ad.

This completes my K-body collection. As a long-time Pentax shooter I've never even used the the KX. I've mentioned before the K2 DMD is one of my favorites (second only to the MX) and the K2 is my least favorite film body. This KX will fit in great with my K1000, K1000 SE, KM, and K2 DMD, (I sold the standard K2 because of my dislike for it).

I haven't had a chance to run a roll of film through this camera yet. Even though the aperture window is a bit fogged, it seems to be in great cosmetic condition and everything working properly.
12-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #2114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
My little babies Pentax/Ricoh
(I have about 10 more film cameras ... other brands.)
mrNewt, nice collection! What diameter filters does the Industar 50-2 take?
12-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #2115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
mrNewt, nice collection! What diameter filters does the Industar 50-2 take?
Mersi .
The filter size is 35.5mm.