Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #2191

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Two great K series film bodies! Does the K2 have a split screen? The K1000 most likely has the microprism screen.

Phil.
The K2 doesn't have the split screen, but the microprism is more pronounced, let's say. I'll have to try to capture the two viewfinders with my phone or something...

02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #2192
Pentaxian

A couple of my point and shoots

My MZ duo, the 5n since new the M7 since last month

Snap Crackle and Pop and the Pentax A110

And the reason I do not own and probably never will own a 645
Attached Images

02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #2193
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
More Pentax

Just a few of my Pentax Film Bodies enjoy... as much as I do.

1. Pentax ES. Works like new. Still use it in my regular rotation.
2.Pentax Super Program W/ Motor Drive. Ricoh 28-100 F4 Macro zoom.
3. Pentax PZ1p W/ Rare Grip that took me 5 years to locate.
4.Pentax KX Film. My all time Fave. (rebuilt by Eric H.)
5.Pentax S1a. A fine Jewel of a camera. (rebuilt by Eric H.)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #2194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by apathey2131978 Quote
Just a few of my Pentax Film Bodies enjoy... as much as I do.

1. Pentax ES. Works like new. Still use it in my regular rotation.
2.Pentax Super Program W/ Motor Drive. Ricoh 28-100 F4 Macro zoom.
4.Pentax KX Film. My all time Fave. (rebuilt by Eric H.)
5.Pentax S1a. A fine Jewel of a camera. (rebuilt by Eric H.)
Nice collection and yes I would agree the KX is also my favorite.

Phil.

02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #2195
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great cameras! You should send your K-2 to Eric Hendrickson. He can probably set it right for a reasonable fee.
02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #2196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
apathey2131978
Lustfully drooling.
02-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #2197
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
more cameras

If i got Monochromes approval i think i am doing something right

1.Pentax LX 3200asa version (cla by Eric H)
2.Pentax K2. My other go to choice. this one not cla but working fine. (i have 2 others cla by Eric H.)
3.Pentax MX. Sad to say I have only ran 2 rolls of film thru "2" of these that I own. I find them just to small for my hands. Thinking of making a grip for them???(cla by Eric H x2)
4. Ok... not Pentax but I love the OM series cameras. This is my day trip kit. OM2n. I would say maybe 30 rolls of film have been thru this camera in its life. 28mm f3.5/ 50mm f1.14/ 135mm f3.5 all as new except the 50mm that came on my OM1.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #2198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If i got Monochromes approval i think i am doing something right
nah - you really want Phil's (gofour3). But I appreciate film camera users and you seem to have like tastes to mine. I can't pry or trade my brother's OM-1 away from him. I actually would consider an original F1 but I'm afraid to start down that path and I'm not sure there's a Canon Eric.

My wife challenged me to select the three Film cameras I must absolutely keep and to sell the rest:
  • SV
  • KX
  • LX
I can live with that.
02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2199
Veteran Member

You lucky thing ...
For a long time I have thought that the grip was a practical joke ... but then I figure out it was for real. I've searched for some time for it as well. Never bought that camera just because I could not find the grip for it .
Where did you found yours?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

My wife challenged me to select the three Film cameras I must absolutely keep and to sell the rest:
  • SV
  • KX
  • LX
I can live with that.
Are you 100% sure you can live only with that ... think seriously for 1 minute .
My collection doesn't have extremely rare or beautiful cameras ... but even so I could not sell even one .
02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #2200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I actually would consider an original F1 but I'm afraid to start down that path and I'm not sure there's a Canon Eric.
None that I've found. The old Canons are fairly easy to work on, but the F1 shutter-meter linkage is a pain. I've had better luck working on the FT than the F1.
02-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #2201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Tom. Lately My eyes are shifting to classic Nikon anyway. But then I always realize that this Pentax stuff is enough.
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #2202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Are you 100% sure you can live only with that ... think seriously for 1 minute .
My collection doesn't have extremely rare or beautiful cameras ... but even so I could not sell even one .
I get that your comment is 90% humorous - but really, this is the thread to make this reply.

Actually yes I can. I was once completely unable to sell until I felt really guilty - then I was forced to sell good cameras. Now I've bought and sold so many cameras over the last 15 years that I'm actually becoming satisfied. The novelty has worn off. I can't use any one of them enough to justify keeping it when I have so many, and I've decided I'm far better off having a small number of cameras I actually use than a large number of pieces mouldering in bags.

I have the following in varying stages of ready for sale - but all out of my bags.

K w/ Zebra AT55/1.8
H1a
KM
K2DMD
MESuper
SF1n (that I'll probably just have to keep)
SuperProgram

The three I'm allowing myself to keep are not necessarily the best or the most pristine I own - but they're the ones I most enjoy using.
  • The SV is just sublime mechanically
  • The KX was my college graduation present
  • The LX is my newest, and one I have always wanted and swore I would take to my grave if I ever had it. This one is particularly clean.
So yes, I can live with three film cameras.

P.S. And an XA, which I don't count because I could only get $25 for it.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-06-2013 at 12:33 PM.
02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #2203
Veteran Member

I get that your comment is 90% humorous - but really, this is the thread to make this reply.

Actually yes I can. I was once completely unable to sell until I felt really guilty - then I was forced to sell good cameras. Now I've bought and sold so many cameras over the last 15 years that I'm actually becoming satisfied. The novelty has worn off. I can't use any one of them enough to justify keeping it when I have so many, and I've decided I'm far better off having a small number of cameras I actually use than a large number of pieces mouldering in bags.

I have the following in varying stages of ready for sale - but all out of my bags.

K w/ Zebra AT55/1.8
H1a
KM
K2DMD
MESuper
SF1n (that I'll probably just have to keep)
SuperProgram

The three I'm allowing myself to keep are not necessarily the best or the most pristine I own - but they're the ones I most enjoy using.
  • The SV is just sublime mechanically
  • The KX was my college graduation present
  • The LX is my newest, and one I have always wanted and swore I would take to my grave if I ever had it. This one is particularly clean.
So yes, I can live with three film cameras.
P.S. And an XA, which I don't count because I could only get $25 for it.
That's a nice collection! Too bad you are going to sell it off.

I have to admit, I collect cameras because I like them and I like cleaning them and take care of them like they are my babies.
I only buy what I like and I strangely find myself attracted to the underdogs. I do use them from time to time but because they are so many, I don't use them as often as I would like. Plus, film is getting expensive and harder to find a place where they have a fast turn-around (usually I have to wait 2-3 weeks ).

Speaking of, I've recently got a Revueflex that from my point of view is to die for!
Cleaned it, striped the old leatherette made a new one and I am in love with it. Uh, now I gotta post a picture of it when I get home - not a Pentax, but a K-mount for sure.
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #2204
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
That's a nice collection! Too bad you are going to sell it off.

I have to admit, I collect cameras because I like them and I like cleaning them and take care of them like they are my babies.
I only buy what I like and I strangely find myself attracted to the underdogs. I do use them from time to time but because they are so many, I don't use them as often as I would like. snip
You understand the essence of this as part of the hobby - and I've been there. I wrote earlier, in the dead of winter I am content to spread out all my lenses on my desk and just admire them. I like the Taks and K's for the old-school engineering. - something we've lost today. The K-01 just appeals to me. The Q is novel and fun right now and they weren't much money. The CCD sensor in the K10D can do some special things. I'm saving for the FF.

Maybe I've reached an age where i want to simplify - or maybe someone else should have the pleasure while we can still get film at all. I don't know ....

The SV and LX are "cold, dead fingers" cameras. The KX is all I have from my grandmother so that's obvious. The K2DMD is the one that will be hard (and I confess at the end it might well stay).

I've had various black Spotties and K2's and MESupers and spotless MX's, a bunch of one-offs, tons of accessories and a whole host of lenses over the years. These are the ones that I'm attached to.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #2205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You understand the essence of this as part of the hobby - and I've been there. I wrote earlier, in the dead of winter I am content to spread out all my lenses on my desk and just admire them. I like the Taks and K's for the old-school engineering.
I understand your feelings. I have over forty serviceable film cameras; I simply can't resist a bargain that is both usable and beautiful. I do try to rotate them. Twelve are the Kodak Retina types, the main selection are the Pentax screw mount and K mount manual cameras. Four Minolta SRT 102/302 which could knock out an elephant they feel so solid and heavy. I have to stop doing this. By the way, how much do you want for the K2?