Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #2206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DMD? It's on the way to Eric for a sticky ASA ring (the result of not enough exercise since it was CLA'ed in 2009). It has the original ER Case and strap and a Refconverter-II to match, and some paper that's pretty neat. If you are really interested we cna PM when I get it back.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.
02-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #2207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The DMD? It's on the way to Eric for a sticky ASA ring (the result of not enough exercise since it was CLA'ed in 2009). It has the original ER Case and strap, a +2 Correction Lens Adapter and a Refconverter-II to match. If you are really interested we cna PM when I get it back.
Yes, please PM me when you get it back, along with what you want for it. It is the only K series I don't yet have.
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #2208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Yes, please PM me when you get it back, along with what you want for it. It is the only K series I don't yet have.
You're in 1st!
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #2209
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
nah - you really want Phil's (gofour3). But I appreciate film camera users and you seem to have like tastes to mine. I can't pry or trade my brother's OM-1 away from him. I actually would consider an original F1 but I'm afraid to start down that path and I'm not sure there's a Canon Eric.

My wife challenged me to select the three Film cameras I must absolutely keep and to sell the rest:
  • SV
  • KX
  • LX
I can live with that.
That Would be a very hard call. I would say were both close on that list. The LX for sure. The KX... yup.... hell prob the SV also.... BUT I would have the K2 hiding in plain site and tell the wife KX K2 KX K2 KX K2 so many times that she would get confused or just plain give up on know what one I kept
That being said the first pre-spot series are gems (as we all know) and they are true collectors cameras in my mind. I have been looking at getting the Whole F series but since i own several Minolta cameras including the X570 and X700 with the complete XPS system ( muti-function back,Power Grip 2,360PX flash W/color filter set and Nd filters also diffusers. ALL the Cords, oc,md,aw,fb etc...Motor Drive 1. Ir-1 set, etc.....) 3 OM set up and a lot of odds and ends.... well i think i have to wait. . . I admit a few years back I went ape!!! Guess I have control over that now. I hope.
Here is my favorite old user and collectors set i been doing over the last 5-7 years. Zeiss Contaflex.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #2210
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
You lucky thing ...
For a long time I have thought that the grip was a practical joke ... but then I figure out it was for real. I've searched for some time for it as well. Never bought that camera just because I could not find the grip for it .
Where did you found yours?

Are you 100% sure you can live only with that ... think seriously for 1 minute .
My collection doesn't have extremely rare or beautiful cameras ... but even so I could not sell even one .
I actually found it on KEH about a year ago. It was a freak thing. I had been looking for something else the day before and then site was down for updates. Few hours later it was back up.... then out of the sky... its a bird... no its a Pentax grip strap.... I got it no more than 45 seconds later. Kicker..... they had "2" and I only got the one. I didn't have the 60 bucks extra they wanted for it. Now I have seen 2 others on "flea-bay" since but they were only with the camera and wanted over 300 bucks. They did not last to say the least.
02-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #2211
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My eyes are shifting to classic Nikon anyway
....that has always been my main temptation as well, though it is easy enough to quench. ($$$)

Steve
02-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #2212

My wife challenged me to select the three Film cameras I must absolutely keep and to sell the rest:
  • SV
  • KX
  • LX
I love my wife, don't get me wrong, but I would've retorted "RIGHT AFTER YOU SELL ALL BUT THREE PAIRS OF SHOES!" And by the way, some pairs of her shoes are more expensive than most of my cameras, since I've got some from thrift stores, some from eBay bottom-feeding, etc. My two best cameras cost around $300 each (with normal lens); anything with four digits in its price gives me not just sticker shock but cardiac arrest.

But happily my bride has never issued such a challenge, and I've been fortunate enough to have a steady job so I don't have to face forced selling to make ends meet. I count myself lucky so far...

--Dave

02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #2213
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice collection and yes I would agree the KX is also my favorite.

Phil.
I have 2 KX. Thought of getting a few more be it they usually are dirt cheep. . . even more so than the K1000 in 95% of cases. Anyways I decided not to get anymore cause I didn't want to be "that" guy with 20 of one camera. Let the world enjoy the worlds most perfect SLR. that was my thought anyways. I fight the urge every time I see one.
02-07-2013, 08:27 PM - 3 Likes   #2214
Forum Member

I am new here and was curious if this was the topic to post the cameras that you have? Here is my favorite, but I need to get new pics as I a have about 12 or so Pentax film slr cameras.

02-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #2215
Veteran Member

Love what you have done with it =)
02-08-2013, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #2216
Forum Member

Here are a few more of the LX that I have.

02-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #2217

My MX.
Attached Images

02-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #2218
Forum Member

That is a nice looking MX, I always seemed to like them better for some reason.
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #2219
Veteran Member

Wow, apathey, what a nice collection !

The grip of the Super A is really good, but i've discover that a cord exist to allow to physically disconnect the heavy battery compartiment of the rest of the grip. Do you have it ? I think that i'll try to build one, because it's unfindable nowadays.
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #2220
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Wow, apathey, what a nice collection !

The grip of the Super A is really good, but i've discover that a cord exist to allow to physically disconnect the heavy battery compartiment of the rest of the grip. Do you have it ? I think that i'll try to build one, because it's unfindable nowadays.
Thank you!. I have the cord.I really never use it just cause i have a thing with cords. I don't even use camera straps. I just hand hold my cameras all day. Have never dropped one yet. knock on wood.
the super program and motor drive is a joy to use. I have nothing bad to say about them. You should be able to put the system together for under 100 bucks if your look around. The set up you see with camera,motor drive and lens..... under $50.00