Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #2386
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
My new addition to my burgeoning collection.It's in such good condition it looks like it was rarely used. If this camera has a
fault it's that it came with a case and a 50mm 1:2, I'm starting to get way too many of them. Its time to sell some!
Glenn
It is strange how many of these have come to market with the M 50/2.

Steve

03-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #2387
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
I was browsing the Bay (I know, dangerous thing to do...), and came across a H1A in very nice condition at a LOW price. I communicated with the seller and he assured me it fires accurately and works well at all shutter speeds. It's cosmetically very nice. For $20 + $10 shipping, I couldn't pass it up! Here is the listing:

[ur://www.ebay.com/itm/221198695793?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trk.m1423.l2649]Honeywell Pentax Asahi H1A 35mm SLR Camera Body w M42 Mount | eBay[/url]

When he packed it to ship, he said he found the leather case for it, and is throwing that in as well - wow!

When I receive it, and if it is indeed in good working order, I'll post pictures of it, and taken by it.

-Joe-

Cool! When I followed the link to check out the listing, I noticed a SV for sale by another seller for $29.99 BIN. Condition?
“100% working condition w/ new battery!”
I think I will look elsewhere...

Steve
03-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #2388
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Cool! When I followed the link to check out the listing, I noticed a SV for sale by another seller for $29.99 BIN. Condition?

Steve
03-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #2389
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool! When I followed the link to check out the listing, I noticed a SV for sale by another seller for $29.99 BIN. Condition? “100% working condition w/ new battery!” I think I will look elsewhere...
The ignorance of some is amazing, so is their laziness. "Camera for sale," is the total information on some listings. Not the slightest attempt to give information, or remove a lens cap so one can see something of what they are selling. I sometimes send them a message to the effect that they would get better results if they actually told people something about the thing they were expected to buy.

03-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #2390
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is strange how many of these have come to market with the M 50/2.

Steve
Peter Zack once wrote he thought that every M50/2 ever made had been bought and sold twice on eBay.
03-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #2391
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve
Ha, ha - Wise choice Steve!

There was not much information on the H1A, so I thought I would contact the seller about the details, and he seemed knowledgeable. He has a good rating for a good number of sales, so I think it will likely turn out well. Even if I had to do some minor repairs, or even send it to Eric, it would still not be a bad deal to get a good daily user.

-Joe-
03-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #2392
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Huh. I had a pristine H1a in the Marketplace, just CLA'ed by Eric, for $80 shipped and PayPal'ed. That's $5 for the pristine camera, $60 for the CLA and $15 for the shipping and fees. The FS thread had over 800 views in a month and no comments. Same exact experience and pricing for an SV last year (though a certain member who has posted on this thread did inquire about the SV).

I guess they'll stay with me as Big Brother and Little Brother so I can mount my few Takumars without an adapter.

03-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #2393
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Huh. I had a pristine H1a in the Marketplace, just CLA'ed by Eric, for $80 shipped and PayPal'ed. That's $5 for the pristine camera, $60 for the CLA and $15 for the shipping and fees. The FS thread had over 800 views in a month and no comments. Same exact experience and pricing for an SV last year (though a certain member who has posted on this thread did inquire about the SV).

I guess they'll stay with me as Big Brother and Little Brother so I can mount my few Takumars without an adapter.
Monochrome,

That's interesting. When I saw the eBay listing for the H1A, I thought I remembered seeing one listed in the Marketplace, so I went looking for it and did not find it. However, with the nice condition of yours and your investment in making it that way, you should keep it and enjoy it!

-Joe-
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #2394
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
so I went looking for it and did not find it.
I took it down last week. You are correct, at least for now I should keep it. I'm actually trying to reduce the scale of my camera gear list to something at least useable, if not manageable, especially film cameras. As I age my vision makes using a viewfinder increasingly challenging.

But these two are just sublime.
03-17-2013, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #2395

My Pentax film collection.
My favourite is the MG because that's what I learned to shoot on as a kid. Other than that I have an A3, MZ-50, Pino35, Auto 110, Spotmatic and K1000. Shot with a digital K-x.
Attached Images

03-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #2396
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
SP II coming...yeah! I started with an F, separated (not by choice) long ago, and have wanted a screw mount body for some more recent Takumars. This came along and will soon be on its way.
03-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #2397

Photos: Albums
Camera:
Pentax ME
Pentax K-1000

Lenses:
SMC M 50/1.4
Non SMC A 28-80

Film:
Fujicolor FII (Expired)
Fuji Superia 200
BW Sanfa 100
03-18-2013, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #2398
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A new one to round out my collection of Spotmatics from SP 1000, SP, SP2, SP F, and now SP ES11
Attached Images

03-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #2399
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Brisboy Quote
My Pentax film collection.
My favourite is the MG because that's what I learned to shoot on as a kid. Other than that I have an A3, MZ-50, Pino35, Auto 110, Spotmatic and K1000. Shot with a digital K-x.
Where'd the blue leather on the MG come from?

My fiancee briefly had an MG, that I releathered in blue seal grain leatherette from cameraleather.com...I had to make a custom request to get leather to fit the back, since there's no memo window on an mg.
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #2400
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
...I had to make a custom request to get leather to fit the back, since there's no memo window on an mg.
I confess that I deliberately sliced off the memo window on both my MX and MEsuper (now gone to a new home) when re-covering them...

Love that blue on the MG though... Mine is wrapped in a deep purple (almost a Cadbury Purple)