Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #2401

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Where'd the blue leather on the MG come from?

My fiancee briefly had an MG, that I releathered in blue seal grain leatherette from cameraleather.com...I had to make a custom request to get leather to fit the back, since there's no memo window on an mg.
Mate, my story's the same as yours: asked them to send me an MX kit but with a solid back. Took them a little while but I'm very happy with it.

03-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #2402
Forum Member

My new addition... I think 45 with shipping wasn't bad and it looks pretty darn clean as well. Also came with the cover whent he battery is off, the mount and hot shoe cable, and original reciept. 84 prices listed as well-214.50$. Now I need the cable for the front of the LX and a grip B!!!!!

Last edited by 48548; 03-20-2013 at 05:30 PM.
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #2403
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good God, man! Red leather, motor winder and the AF-400 Indoor Nuke! Subtle it isn't, but I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.

Here's my Pentax 645 in the best of company

03-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2404
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"New" H1a

This week I just picked up a "new" (to me) H1a - it's such a jewel!

Here are a couple of picts - I'll put more in the Gear P0rn thread, along with lenses to use with it, and a few pictures taken with it.

-Joe-

Last edited by k0og; 03-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #2405
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote

Here are a couple of picts - I'll put more in the Gear P0rn thread, along with lenses to use with it, and a few pictures taken with it.

-Joe-
Looks like a nice, clean example - happy shooting !
03-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #2406
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote

-Joe-
Congrats!! Glad it found you!
03-23-2013, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #2407
Veteran Member

Out and about with my LX and MX. Also 43mm and 77mm limiteds on them. I got lots of looks walking around with both of them around my neck Especially from folks with huge DSLRs and zooms.

Just out of the view in the bag I had 135mm f2.5 and 24mm f2.8.

Attachment 164663

Last edited by Nuff; 09-16-2014 at 10:40 PM.
03-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #2408
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've always said I didn't want one but ......

I am so bad. CBA strikes again. Sure beats trying to make Lightroom work (LR >> PSE >> Pbase >> PF = no IQ)

Found this incidentally at the end of the day at a neighborhood Estate Sale. Given that there is a minor ding on the left rear shoulder I answered the inevitable, "What would you give me, then?" question - "$40 for the lot".
  • MX Chrome - externally kinda dusty and a small ding. Needs to visit Tennessee.
  • M50/1.7 - remarkably, pristine
  • MX Winder and the box (no foam)
  • Caps, plugs, ephemera, Warranty Card
So now I guess I own all three "X" film bodies.

03-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #2409
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I am so bad. CBA strikes again. Sure beats trying to make Lightroom work (LR >> PSE >> Pbase >> PF = no IQ)

Found this incidentally at the end of the day at a neighborhood Estate Sale. Given that there is a minor ding on the left rear shoulder I answered the inevitable, "What would you give me, then?" question - "$40 for the lot".
  • MX Chrome - externally kinda dusty and a small ding. Needs to visit Tennessee.
  • M50/1.7 - remarkably, pristine
  • MX Winder and the box (no foam)
  • Caps, plugs, ephemera, Warranty Card
So now I guess I own all three "X" film bodies.

Congrats on the M 50/1.7 and excellent rear lens cap

Steve
03-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #2410
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Congrats on the M 50/1.7 and excellent rear lens cap

Steve
Heh - yeah, I forgot about that

You're right, though, the lens is the bee's knees.

- Paul
03-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #2411
Veteran Member

I've a question about MX, is the Shutter speed dial supposed to be hard/stiff to move? My one takes a lot of effort to do it with one finger and often slips on it. Sometimes even the rubber grip around the dial slips. With 2 it's ok, but then I need to move the camera away from my face. And also it's not like my hands are weak, as I weightlift. (No jar lid ever posed an issue to me
03-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #2412
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
I've a question about MX, is the Shutter speed dial supposed to be hard/stiff to move?
Yes, it definitely takes a firm "thumb and index finger" twist on mine. I move the film advance lever to the cocked position first, but I can still do it (contorted right wrist) with the camera to my face. That's when
the big clear indicator in the viewfinder is a big help.

The outer ring controls the ASA, which you change by pressing down the silver dot and rotating the ring. That one is a two-handed operation for me.
03-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2413
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
I've a question about MX, is the Shutter speed dial supposed to be hard/stiff to move? My one takes a lot of effort to do it with one finger and often slips on it. Sometimes even the rubber grip around the dial slips. With 2 it's ok, but then I need to move the camera away from my face. And also it's not like my hands are weak, as I weightlift. (No jar lid ever posed an issue to me
I have three MXs, and they are stiff in this regard. I am still able to use one finger, but just. Rather than regard this as a flaw, I put it down to robust and solid construction. Before putting the camera to your eye, try placing both thumb and finger in place on the dial, which makes turning a lot easier, even if it is a bit more awkward.
03-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #2414
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes, it definitely takes a firm "thumb and index finger" twist on mine.
That is pretty much the story for most mechanical focal plane shutter cameras. The two exceptions on my shelf are the Canon P (rangefinder) and the Ricoh Singlex TLS. While neither camera has a sloppy dial, both can easily be changed with a single finger with the nod going to the Canon for overall smoothness. The most difficult is my Zorki 4K. It requires two fingers, a lift of the dial, and the shutter cocked(!!) in order to change speeds. It is also difficult to drop the dial at the setting you intend. The "slots" are very closely spaced and the dial small.

Steve
03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #2415
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone, at least I don't think there's something wrong with it. LX has very solid and positive feel, but it's easy to operate with one finger.