Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #2566
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Excellent image that feeds my Gear Acquisition Syndrome....
Thanks.

11-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #2567
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
This time of year is good for practicing gear p0rn shots in the warm, dry indoors.

Dammit! The Pentax 67 will not stop haunting me!
11-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #2568
Veteran Member

This time of year is good for practicing gear p0rn shots in the warm, dry indoors.

Maybe we should begin a "creative uses for film spools" thread! Great start, tuco! I have a draw full of those things too.

BTW, I have the WLF as well, but must confess to never having used it. How do you like it, in practical terms?
11-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #2569
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Maybe we should begin a "creative uses for film spools" thread! Great start, tuco!

BTW, I have the WLF as well, but must confess to never having used it. How do you like it, in practical terms?
Thanks. I use the WLF pretty much all the time and have for years. I don't shoot my 67 like a 35mm camera. I shoot it more like a view camera. In that role, the WLF does fine to better than the prism, IMHO.

11-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #2570
Veteran Member

Cool! I've never quite mastered the requisite light meter skills to feel entirely comfortable with a full manual camera. So I end up using the metered prism almost exclusively... But obviously I would like to become more adept at doing the metering myself and getting used to the WLF view.
11-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #2571
Pentaxian

Can people please stop posting shots taken of or with 67/6x7 gear, unless they also hand me €1000 so that I can get some too?
11-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #2572
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Can people please stop posting shots taken of or with 67/6x7 gear, unless they also hand me €1000 so that I can get some too?
Hah Hah - but that's the nature of pR0n. Looking at it is the best you'll ever get.

11-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #2573
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Though very capable and producing that gorgeous big negative or slide,
anyone interested should borrow a 6x7 and carry it around for a day before making a purchase.

Chris
No pain; no gain. Actually, if you get a long neck strap and wear the camera at your side like a bag instead of on your chest, you can carry it all day just fine. And without the prism, it is much lighter. Also, a small camera backpack for times you need to stow it and carry accessories works wonders too. I've been shooting it for a long time and only when you need to travel really light its a problem. But in that case, I just take my digital mirrorless which is even more convenient. Good to have choices.
11-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #2574
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
The Pentax 67/6x7 is beautiful and very capable. It produces gorgeous big negatives and slides.
But anyone interested should borrow one and carry it around for a day before making a purchase.

Chris
Who's willing to lend me one?

Seriously.

No, Seriously.
11-11-2013, 04:25 PM - 2 Likes   #2575
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(Cross Post) Finally have an LX, just serviced by Eric, and bought of this Forum Market place. Film going in today.
11-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #2576
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
(Cross Post) Finally have an LX, just serviced by Eric, and bought of this Forum Market place. Film going in today.
You will love it!
11-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #2577
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations - I've been there!!

I had wanted an LX for 20 years and just never ponied up the money - until someone here was selling one in nearly pristine condition. Just taking a roll of shots is thrill enough. Getting the prints back is gravy.

Same for the MZ-S I got a few months ago.
11-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #2578
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Congratulations - I've been there!!

I had wanted an LX for 20 years and just never ponied up the money - until someone here was selling one in nearly pristine condition. Just taking a roll of shots is thrill enough. Getting the prints back is gravy.

Same for the MZ-S I got a few months ago.
As the proud owner of Two LX's I can definitely say, it's worthy of every bit of praise people heap on it.
11-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #2579
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought my LX in the early 1980s, as a "user" camera when my main SLR was a Leicaflex SL. But the build quality of the LX and size of the SMC-M lenses soon made it my main SLR, even though the Leica lenses were clearly better. I also loved the metering range of the LX, but liked the"center spot" pattern of the SL better for manual exposures.
Over the years mechanical issues sidelined both cameras, and I went back to Leica rangefinders. (Got all repaired since retiring, and enjoy each for its good points again.)
11-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2580
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It looks in great shape too!