Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #3391
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question, if it takes four LR44s, and since you're not a fan of them, wouldn't a single 6v PX28 fit? That's the battery that the Canon A-series and New F-1 use, as well as the Pentax 67 and Bronica ETR-series. Unfortunately, it isn't as commonplace as it used to be, but it is still widely available online, at least.

07-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #3392
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Question, if it takes four LR44s, and since you're not a fan of them, wouldn't a single 6v PX28 fit? That's the battery that the Canon A-series and New F-1 use, as well as the Pentax 67 and Bronica ETR-series. Unfortunately, it isn't as commonplace as it used to be, but it is still widely available online, at least.
No...the 4 aren't stacked, they're side by side.

07-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #3393
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Question, if it takes four LR44s, and since you're not a fan of them, wouldn't a single 6v PX28 fit?
QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
No...the 4 aren't stacked, they're side by side.
Yep same setup as the ME-F.

Phil.
07-24-2019, 04:42 AM   #3394
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
[/url][/IMG]
This is the third 'auto' variation of the last Spotmatic, the first automatic Pentax SLR. Even without the four LR44 batteries, (which fit under the lens mount) manual speeds 1/60 and above are available. The chrome models are rarer than the black I understand. This one is in good condition and working well. I am not a fan of the four button cells it requires, and am happier with the non automatic SP F.
I have an ESII like that too. I bought it for spares and repair and Eric breathed new life into it. I thought it was dead a couple of years back when it started playing up, so I put it to one side. Recently, I loaded it with some new silver oxide batteries and it was fine. I did, however, find there was a half used roll of film in it. I finished the roll, and sent it off to be developed. Much to my horror I found that I had started that roll at the end of 2013! Needless to say, the colours were a bit off...!

I'm now happily using my ES with BW film and my ESII with colour. Happy days...

Last edited by womble; 08-03-2019 at 11:37 PM.
07-24-2019, 01:04 PM - 2 Likes   #3395

I have a K1000 with a 55mm lens on it. It’s simple, no fancy bits Andes what it says on the tin..... I’m still trying to work out why I might need lots of gadgets, lenses and more than one camera? I use a couple of filters and have produced some cracking images.

Peter
07-31-2019, 11:39 AM - 5 Likes   #3396

My "New" ME

I found an ME on eBay in its original packaging, with its original paperwork. I'm about 92% sure it'd never been fired before. Put some batteries in and the meter works like a champ. Shutter sounds fine. Seals all look great.
Only have the M 50mm 1.7 for now.

I'm excited to get a roll through it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2 XL  Photo 
08-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #3397
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccbloodworth Quote
I found an ME on eBay in its original packaging, with its original paperwork. I'm about 92% sure it'd never been fired before. Put some batteries in and the meter works like a champ. Shutter sounds fine. Seals all look great.

Beautiful condition!

Enjoy,

Phil.

08-02-2019, 02:03 AM   #3398
Pentaxian

Even if it's never been used, the light seals may have degraded to gunk. I'd check them over before loading a roll. Enjoy.
08-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #3399

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
ven if it's never been used, the light seals may have degraded to gunk. I'd check them
I checked 'em all out and they appear to be fine. Still springy and solid!
08-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #3400
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Seals all look great.
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

If the seals are good, that is a good indication that the camera has been serviced or that it has been stored in a controlled, oxygen-poor, environment. That is a good thing and does not negate the great condition of the camera or other indications of very-little-use.

Congratulations!

Steve
08-04-2019, 02:17 AM - 5 Likes   #3401
Pentaxian

K2DMD + K 50mm f/1.4
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
09-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #3402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I sure like the K2 DMD. Looks like you have a great copy.
09-19-2019, 11:32 AM - 5 Likes   #3403
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I took delivery of this Spotmatic F with SMC Takumar 50/1.4 yesterday. It turned out to be in better condition than I anticipated, though it is needs a CLA to address shutter, mirror and other lubrication issues. Amazingly, the battery cap and chamber are pristine. In the background is a genuine soft-snoot everready case that responded well to shoe polish, though it is still pretty worn around the edges. There is a "hippie" strap too.

Pentax K-3, KMZ Helios-44K-4 58/2.0

Cross-posted on "Your latest acquisition" thread.

Steve
09-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #3404
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I took delivery of this Spotmatic F with SMC Takumar 50/1.4 yesterday. It turned out to be in better condition than I anticipated, though it is needs a CLA to address shutter, mirror and other lubrication issues. Amazingly, the battery cap and chamber are pristine. In the background is a genuine soft-snoot everready case that responded well to shoe polish, though it is still pretty worn around the edges. There is a "hippie" strap too.

Steve
My first Pentax kit exactly...with the regular strap.
09-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #3405
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
Check out that lens' serial number
Very cool kit. I have a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic F and SMC Takumar 55/1.8, both of which my friend bought new in 1976. Both are in beautiful condition.