Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #136
Forum Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi Frank,
How did you try to get the front ring of your 28mm? I got a rubber pipe cap from a rubber supply shop that did the trick for me on my M50. Its a bit late tonight but I'll try and post or pm you a photo of it over the weekend. I just took my lens into the shop and got a cap that matched the diameter of the front ring and it screwed off real easy.

05-14-2009, 05:33 AM   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikengstrom Quote
Hi Frank,
How did you try to get the front ring of your 28mm? I got a rubber pipe cap from a rubber supply shop that did the trick for me on my M50. Its a bit late tonight but I'll try and post or pm you a photo of it over the weekend. I just took my lens into the shop and got a cap that matched the diameter of the front ring and it screwed off real easy.
Well, I've been using rubber erasers to unscrew the front rings w/o much problem for most lenses. But the 28/2.8 I got this time wasn't easy. I just couldn't open it up no matter how much strength I put on I guess a special tool might help. Well, maybe I'll just bring it to a repair shop and let those guys help me open it up
05-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Two is too many? I say *nay,* ...with film you want at least two so you don't have to unload and reload every time you want to use a different film. For what an ME Super sells for, you may as well keep.
Two Pentax bodies Total film cameras number about 8 round these parts I figure...on a Pentax forum, the people who don't care about the non-Pentax cameras outweigh the people who do...

I got a good deal on the ME Super though...I wouldn't be losing money
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Man, I just bought another one. Pentax ME Super Film Camera - eBay (item 390034041668 end time May-08-09 20:19:55 PDT) I would have much rather bought it from someone I know. Right now I am pondering an MX.
Ahhh...dang. As far as my MX goes...that "cold dead hands" phrase comes to mind
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Two Pentax bodies Total film cameras number about 8 round these parts I figure...on a Pentax forum, the people who don't care about the non-Pentax cameras outweigh the people who do...

I got a good deal on the ME Super though...I wouldn't be losing money

Ahhh...dang. As far as my MX goes...that "cold dead hands" phrase comes to mind
Hee, I know how it is. My old Canon FD's are still the primary film stuff: I have a better and more complete selection of lenses for those, and it's likely to stay that way a while:. But the Pentax film stuff is there so I can carry light and not be without film, and eventually so I can have autofocus if my eyes need it. Don't know *what* I'm going to do for an 85, (my very fave focal length) though. I'm sure the 77 will do nicely whenever the day comes I can have one.

On the digital end, I'm being happy with just a 50 and a 28, but these aren't my favorites in full-frame, so the film lenses aren't a huge priority: I'm looking to get me a faster 28, first, cause these two lengths are working out so well in digital.

Lots of camera bodies, here, now, though. Some of them are kind of up on blocks in my backyard, though, so to speak.

05-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #140
Veteran Member

I think it's getting a little out of hand when I have multiple copies of the same thing...

Found an Olympus P&S at St. Vinny's ("base" model kind of like an XA but without a Zuiko lens...just an "Olympus Lens" 35/3.5)...a few weeks later, found the same cam at the same place for the same price. They must have gotten it about 2 days after I got the first one, judging by the date on the tag.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I really only need one of everything...and if I get rid of the mediocre stuff (like all my 50mm lenses) I could get one really good lens...or get rid of the 80-320 and end up with a 300mm-ish prime...

This hobby sucks
05-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #141
Forum Member

This thread is sick.

Who's ever idea was it?

Duncan.
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #142
Inactive Account

Badazz ZX-M

Well, I've posted this before, but thought I'd post it again.

This is my ZX-M with battery grip and rare 1957 Takumar 58mm f/1:2. Takes great photos and the preset lens really lends itself to AV mode. The meter is extremely accurate on this camera. With such a lens the meter runs in center-weighted mode, which is what a Spotmatic uses. The preset allows using for example f/8.332 for perfect match needle metering. Sort of a latter day Spotmatic with split screen and AV mode. Nice.

woof!

05-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #143
Forum Member

Hey Frank,

I've just posted a photo in this thread about cleaning lenses

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/30723-dirt-fun...tml#post597215

Rather than add non camera images to this one. I have tried the pencil eraser on a lens and had no luck but with this the front ring came off real easy. I think because its contacting the whole ring plus it gives you something more substantial to grip whilst turning. It cost about $12, you should be able to get it at any big hardware store I think.
05-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #144
Veteran Member

Just picked this up last Tuesday. This is my first Film SLR, and I'm very excited about it. I bought this along with a 150mm prime and various accessories all in excellent condition and for only $40. seemed cheap to me, but maybe that's the going rate on this stuff. 150 mm f4 lens not shown because it's what I used to shoot the photo (attached to my samsung gx-1s)

05-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #145
Veteran Member

Irishwhite, that's a stunning shot and a stunning camera. Well done!
05-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #146
Inactive Account

Pentax S3

Circa 1960 Pentax Asahi S3 with a collection of Auto Takumars.

05-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #147
Forum Member

Seaain,

It is a beautiful collection! They all seems in a very pristine condition, too.

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
05-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've shown this before, but not in this thread . And since I actually started shooting with it, I thought I'd post it again. Hope you don't mind....

05-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #149
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by CGJung Quote
It is a beautiful collection! They all seems in a very pristine condition, too.
Thank you very much. Everything is pretty much mint... including the period leather bag.

I do use this camera and lenses. Clockwise from bottom, a 35mm f/3.5, a 135mm f/3.5, a 105mm f/2.8, a 35mm f/2.3, and 55mm f/2.0. The lens on the camera is a rare version of the 55mm f/1.8 that became the first Super Takumar. The screening of the distance scale is not common for a lens that itself is not that common.

Thanks again.

woof!
05-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #150
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote

wow,...Now this is the coolest kit I have seen in a long while!...wow