Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #226
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Are you implying there is a "pay to play" requirement with the LX?
Yep it’s Pentax's high maintenance camera body, with lots of extras to keep spending money on. It’s kind of like owning an old Jaguar car, half the time it’s in the garage being fixed (Sticky mirror) or restored.

Just kidding! Of course I’d take one, if someone offered.

07-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I definitely don't think there's a pattern with camera genders with me, size doesn't necessarily mean anything: some are like *kids,* and some like older people, not necessarily corresponding to the actual age or size of the model. Who knows about these things.

Definitely would tend to want to figure the KX for like an Annie Lennox or Jamie Lee Curtis like tall lady. I think they're one of my favorites as appearance goes.

But, I've had a number of FTbs, and they were a mixed bag, even if the same camera. .
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #228
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I definitely don't think there's a pattern with camera genders with me, size doesn't necessarily mean anything: some are like *kids,* and some like older people, not necessarily corresponding to the actual age or size of the model. Who knows about these things.

Definitely would tend to want to figure the KX for like an Annie Lennox or Jamie Lee Curtis like tall lady. I think they're one of my favorites as appearance goes.

But, I've had a number of FTbs, and they were a mixed bag, even if the same camera. .
I definitely agree on all points, especially the comparison of the KX with two very attractive non-petite ladies.

I handled a H3v with attached meter yesterday and my impression was that this was a distinguished older gentleman. Smooth and polite and definitely belonging to a more graceful earlier age.

Steve
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #229
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I definitely agree on all points, especially the comparison of the KX with two very attractive non-petite ladies.

I handled a H3v with attached meter yesterday and my impression was that this was a distinguished older gentleman. Smooth and polite and definitely belonging to a more graceful earlier age.

Steve
I think of the SV as more of a Brigitte Bardot and the AP/S/K as a Grace Kelley. The black ESII is like a Ann-Margaret.

Edit:

Last edited by Blue; 07-04-2009 at 12:14 AM.
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #230
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I think of the SV as more of a Brigitte Bardot and the AP/S/K as a Grace Kelley. The black ESII is like a Anne-Margarette.
Ummm...Ann-Margret...

I little old for me, but hey, I'm not picky...

Steve
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
My recently-Assembled screwmount kit:

Pentax Spotmatic, Wide: Vivitar 28mm/2.5, Normal: S-M-C Takumar 55mm/1.8, and Portrait: A. Schacht Travenar 90mm/2.8

I gotta give kudos to this kit, way cool.
07-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #232
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I gotta give kudos to this kit, way cool.
There's a true 'Zebra" lens in that kit also!

07-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #233
Site Supporter

Ummm...Ann-Margret...

I little old for me, but hey, I'm not picky...

Steve
So are the aforementioned cameras. If you are talking about the typo, stick it.

Last edited by Blue; 07-03-2009 at 01:30 PM.
07-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #234
Veteran Member

Thanks guys -- I read some strong reviews on the Schacht and snagged one...from Greece. I have yet to give it a good run.
07-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #235
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
My film setup almost complete.

Cheeers,

Luc
Nothing like having backups for your backups, eh?
07-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #236
Veteran Member

That's definitely a pretty black Spottie, though. I was very tempted to take a kind of brassy one home off Ebay last week, just.. have to budget. Couldn't do without a deeper film stock and some chemistry another month. And if I can spare for an external hard drive, I can do that putting-more-actual-photography on the Web thing.
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #237
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

So are the aforementioned cameras. If you are talking about the typo, stick it.
Could not resist the subtle jab on the spelling...do I really have to stick it? That sounds painful

Steve

(I really do like Ann-Margret...)
07-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #238
Site Supporter

Could not resist the subtle jab on the spelling...do I really have to stick it? That sounds painful

Steve

(I really do like Ann-Margret...)

Unlike the various spellings of color, its not like spell check is going to catch the various spellings of Ann and Margret. When you take a jab, be sure to not leave yourself open for a left hook.
07-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #239
Veteran Member

Unlike the various spellings of color, its not like spell check is going to catch the various spellings of Ann and Margret. When you take a jab, be sure to not leave yourself open for a left hook.
People who carry classic cameras shouldn't punch each other. You could hit brass.
07-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #240
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What is ironic is that I was caught in the same spelling trap (minus the hyphen) about a month ago. How was I to know that she goes by her first name only and that the spelling was not conventional in the English sense!

Steve