Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #331
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

My collection. The P50 and the MZ-S see the most frequent action. The Spotmatic II has a broken light meter, but I bought it as a part of a larger set (darkroom equipment etc) and I like the lens a lot. It's frequently mounted on the P50 which is my favorite manual Pentax film camera.

The ME Super is my most recent buy and it's absolutely spotless. I haven't put any film in it yet.

I got the MZ-S earlier this year by trading my K10D and some cash. It's also in very good condition. 89 rolls seem to have been through it. I really like the MZ-S, it fits perfectly in my hand even though the much bigger K20D fits too.

10-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #332
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Thomas Backa Quote

My collection. The P50 and the MZ-S see the most frequent action. The Spotmatic II has a broken light meter, but I bought it as a part of a larger set (darkroom equipment etc) and I like the lens a lot. It's frequently mounted on the P50 which is my favorite manual Pentax film camera.

The ME Super is my most recent buy and it's absolutely spotless. I haven't put any film in it yet.

I got the MZ-S earlier this year by trading my K10D and some cash. It's also in very good condition. 89 rolls seem to have been through it. I really like the MZ-S, it fits perfectly in my hand even though the much bigger K20D fits too.
no love for the MX? its the only one you dont mention, and the only one without a lens... in my opinion, its the best camer you have!
10-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no love for the MX? its the only one you dont mention, and the only one without a lens... in my opinion, its the best camer you have!
It's in need of light seal and especially mirror foam replacement. That's why I haven't shot a whole roll with it yet. But I must say I like the feel of the P50 more anyway.

The reason the MX was without lens is simple. I don't have a lens for every body.
10-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kokolo Quote
hi ,frank
R u from xitek?
Hmm, yeah?

You can see my sig on most of my photos

10-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #335
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
That is what I will do.

Thanks a lot.

Luc
Good luck then

BTW, here is my buddy's gorgeous LX (w/ new skin applied), mounted w/ an A50/1.2:

10-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #336
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Good luck then

BTW, here is my buddy's gorgeous LX (w/ new skin applied), mounted w/ an A50/1.2:
Oh, mannnnn...

You guys are killing me with your slick skins. Pity that all of my film cameras have leatherette that is in excellent condition.
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #337
Veteran Member

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am waiting for my Coarse Black Lizard skin and my Red Ringmark Lizard (black and red) to arrive to get on my two remaining LX (the third one is for sale on the forum).
You guys are quite courageous with the Snake skin you might meet an angry relative of the previous owner of the skin

Cheers,

Luc

Good luck then

10-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #338
Veteran Member

Hee. Pretty. LXes, in my opinion, look best with a really heavily textured black skin. I might be tempted to go for a brown, though. I like the brown on black look in general.
10-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #339
Veteran Member

Here's my growing family of Pentax 35mm SLRs. My grandpa's old MX, my ME and the newest member, a EX+ MZ-L from KEH. Just got it in the mail today and so far I think it is an awesome little camera. I love the size.

Swift1
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #340
Veteran Member

Here's my family...the digitals wanted to be in the shot too, so I let them. Sorry if the picture is a little grainy, the shot was taken with a Fuji

Front row, left to right: Super Program, Auto 110, K1000, ME Super, then Optio A40 and K10D, my only 2 digitals.

Back row: IQZoom 60, PC-33, Spotmatic, *ist.
10-31-2009, 06:00 AM   #341

pentax lx
10-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #342
Veteran Member

Black Lizard LX

I received my first kit from cameraleather.com - Black Lizard for my LX.
It was actually very easy to install with the wet method described on their site (Frank thanks for the tip). The most work was to remove the old skin and glue

Now of course all the dings, blemishes and scratches on the paint are showing more than ever. Is there a paint shop for camera ?

I am very happy with the product and i have ordered another LX kit Red Ringmarked Lizard (black and red) but I have not received any confirmation yet regarding availability or otherwise. If not available then I would have to make up my mind between Red Lizard and Dark Brown Lizard

I was very conservative with the Black Lizard and somewhat I think that i should have been a little bit more adventurous.

Cheers,

Luc

ps: Oh and BTW, this is my newest acquisition Pentax K 28/2.0, as sweet a lens as can be...

Last edited by lbenac; 07-14-2012 at 07:05 AM.
10-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #343
Veteran Member

My latest film edition.... Previous owner bought it and apparently ran about a dozen roles of film through it before he bought a digital..... Came packaged in original boxes etc....might as well be new

11-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #344
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I received my first kit from cameraleather.com - Black Lizard for my LX.
It was actually very easy to install with the wet method described on their site (Frank thanks for the tip). The most work was to remove the old skin and glue

Now of course all the dings, blemishes and scratches on the paint are showing more than ever. Is there a paint shop for camera ?

I am very happy with the product and i have ordered another LX kit Red Ringmarked Lizard (black and red) but I have not received any confirmation yet regarding availability or otherwise. If not available then I would have to make up my mind between Red Lizard and Dark Brown Lizard

I was very conservative with the Black Lizard and somewhat I think that i should have been a little bit more adventurous.

Cheers,

Luc

ps: Oh and BTW, this is my newest acquisition Pentax K 28/2.0, as sweet a lens as can be...
That's beautiful, excellent job on changing the skin Made me wonder if I've made the right decision on the cobra skin ...

I got another LX coming soon, let's see how it goes. Might change its skin to something similar ...
11-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #345
Veteran Member

That's beautiful, excellent job on changing the skin Made me wonder if I've made the right decision on the cobra skin ...

I got another LX coming soon, let's see how it goes. Might change its skin to something similar ...
Thank you Frank.
I like the Cobra skin. I f you get tired of it after a year, you can always change it again. A little bit of a waste but it might feel like having indulged in a new camera but with the comfort of keeping your trusted old one

Listen to me, is the film forum changing into a iPhone forum . Next I know I will be talking about changing ring tones when you change a roll of film

Cheers,

Luc