Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can infrared film be pushed?

I have a roll of Ilford SFX 200 infrared film in my K1000. I am almost finished with it and I noticed that I had the camera set to 400 ISO.

I went to the camera shop and asked them if pushing IR film is just like pushing a normal film. They couldn't give me a direct answer because none of them have tried it before. This is at a mom and pop shop, where most of the sales person are long time photographers, but they just never tried to push an IR film.

So has anyone tried to pushed IR film before?

04-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's not true IR, it's developed with normal B&W chems, so other than having an extended sensitivity are the red end of the light spectrum, I would assume it would behave like all other B&W films when pushing and pulling.
04-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
It's not true IR, it's developed with normal B&W chems, so other than having an extended sensitivity are the red end of the light spectrum, I would assume it would behave like all other B&W films when pushing and pulling.
I developed the film today. The film did develop and I am in the process of scanning it into digital.

Here is the updated post with the results.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/57976-anyone-t...ared-film.html

Please add any reply to the above post.