Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nando Quote
At the time, it was around $250 USD. My case was the first one so the price for my case might be different.

Edit: I see that Japan Exposures currently lists it at 2,900 Yen - approximately $235 USD. If you live in Japan, it may be cheaper to buy directly from Hirano san.
Er, 2900 Yen is closer to about $25-35 (one Yen is roughly 1 penny), depending on conversion. Don't you mean 29000 yen?

But still that is one VERY nice case. Did it come with the strap also?

I've got similar leather half cases for my spotmatic and KX, but they're made by Pentax, and they're about 30 years old, and showing it...

10-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VF-19 Quote
Er, 2900 Yen is closer to about $25-35 (one Yen is roughly 1 penny), depending on conversion. Don't you mean 29000 yen?

But still that is one VERY nice case. Did it come with the strap also?

I've got similar leather half cases for my spotmatic and KX, but they're made by Pentax, and they're about 30 years old, and showing it...
Yes sorry, I made a mistake. I meant 20900 Yen.

I got an email from Dirk at Japan Exposures this morning. He clarified that the current prices at Japan Exposures is the same as what Camera-Hirano charges.

Here's the direct link to the product page. (A case for a Barnack Leica is pictured.)
japan exposures | films and more (formerly Megaperls Japan Webshop)

Last edited by Nando; 10-13-2009 at 05:41 AM.
10-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #18

I wonder if the half cases prevent light leaks associated with rubber foam seal breakdown around the film door.