Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ok, so back on topic.

I have a $100 gift certificate to amazon, and I'd like to buy my film with it. I'm looking for some b/w c41 (is there anything other than the kodak bw400cn? It's rather expensive), but I'm looking for more color. I've my eyes mostly on Fuji Superia since a) Amazon sells it, b) it's well reviewed here and looks good in the film shots thread, and c) it's cheap. I'm guessing I should get maybe some ISO 200 and 400 roles.

I'm looking at the Superia 400 bonus pack here:

Amazon.com: FujiFilm - Bonus Value 6-Pack! 400 ISO 35mm Superia X-tra Film - 144 Exposures Total: Electronics

And the alleged 4-pack of Superia 200 (advertised as 4-pack, pictured as a single role; what to believe?):

Amazon.com: FujiFilm Superia 200 Speed Film (4 Pack): Electronics

Sadly, Amazon doesn't sell Kodak Ultramax. Any other suggestions? I'd dearly love some Portra, but it's just too expensive for the moment.

I'm most worried about the landscape/foliage/animal shots that I'll be doing. People are important, too, but I really want to make sure that the wildlife and landscape shots come out best.