Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are no customers at the kiosks here.

Between crappy drugstore processing and frustrations with home inkjet printers,
I truly believe consumers have given up (mostly) the photographic print.

I never see people passing around prints anymore. I do see people passing around digicams,
viewing their pics on the tiny LCD screen, and viewing emailed photos on their PC or cellphone.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 05-25-2009 at 08:15 AM.
05-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
There are no customers at the kiosks here.

Between crappy drugstore processing and frustrations with home inkjet printers,
I truly believe consumers have given up (mostly) the photographic print.

I never see people passing around prints anymore. I do see people passing around digicams,
viewing their pics on the tiny LCD screen, and viewing emailed photos on their PC or cellphone.

Chris
The kids I work with don't make many prints either. They literally are just looking at what's on the review screen. Fortunately, industry numbers for printing are on the rise again, so it seems people are starting to figure out that if they want to keep an image around for a while, digital storage isn't the best medium.
05-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Labs

I spent a whole career in darkrooms before I completely changed direction. Since I am over 60's now and thinking about a retirement income I am wondering if custom B&W process & print services (no digital services) and E-6 processing would keep me busy and be worthwhile?

I can remember 60 roll days in a dip and dunk sink line broken up by hours under an enlarger making hundreds of fiber B&W prints in 30X40 trays. That's not retirement thats a real job that only gives you black finger nails and a nasty attitude for idiot customers!!!

No social security for me till 2015 and my retirement fund is 1/3rd what it was 2 years ago.

You twenty somethings haven't a clue!
05-29-2009, 06:55 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by puderse Quote
. . .

You twenty somethings haven't a clue!
You retired too soon!