Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone in the USA want to 'adopt-a-Chinon'? and contribute to PF.

I got this Chinon CE-4s with the Chinon 50mm f1.9 lens and the Hanimex 135.f2.8.

I know the Hanimex has a stuck aperture lever and is not in working order. Someone may be able to fix it or try fixing it. The aperture is stuck open.

I don't even know whether the camera works or not but I think with fresh batteries it will, but the Chinon 50/1.9 works well. The Hanimex has end caps, the Chinon 50 doesn't. The camera comes with a Fujica leather cover.

The Chinon CE-4s, Chinon 50/1.9 and the Hanimex 135/2.8 are up for adoption. I will take up the postage. After receiving the package and if you find it useful I would like the receiver to donate to Pentax Forum.

This is the link to the ebay auction that I won (I only wanted the Pentax F 28mm f2.8, which is in great condition and is NOT included here ...I am keeping the flash for possible strobist work).
complet set Chinon camera Japan - eBay (item 200337727247 end time May-08-09 09:17:00 PDT)

CGJung (fellow forum member) had notified me of the auction as I was looking for a F28/2.8, and I got a great deal. I offered him the Chinon and accessories and he suggested I post it here for adoption. he suggested the title adopt-a-Chinon

p.m. me , and I will mail it to the first person to send me a p.m.

Last edited by pcarfan; 05-14-2009 at 07:15 PM.
05-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Forum Member

pcarfan,

It seems that you got the F28/2.8 already. Congrats!
05-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CGJung Quote
pcarfan,

It seems that you got the F28/2.8 already. Congrats!
Thanks CG...sure you don't want this stuff?
05-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Someone asked me about getting an old camera to learn about film not two hours ago - sent you a pm

05-15-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rustyoldbug Quote
Someone asked me about getting an old camera to learn about film not two hours ago - sent you a pm

You got it....I'll mail it to you over the wknd.
05-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
You got it....I'll mail it to you over the wknd.
I will be sure to post a picture of it's new owner with it at one of the VW meets.
05-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

What a great group of people we have here!! Amazing !! Very cool
05-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Ah, that's a neat idea that seems to be going around: film cameras for film newbies and donations. I have been thinking if it's really worthwhile to do all the sending around, but I could volunteer to lay in some light seals for such donations, possibly attempt some repairs (I'm a pretty experienced tinkerer, but not a real tech. )

05-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I like Chinon. Well-featured, nicely sized. Does the CE-4 have the exposure lock button?

I have no idea why they're named after a French ski resort town, though.

I'm also wondering why Hanimex lenses turn up in the States.
05-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ah, that's a neat idea that seems to be going around: film cameras for film newbies and donations. I have been thinking if it's really worthwhile to do all the sending around, but I could volunteer to lay in some light seals for such donations, possibly attempt some repairs (I'm a pretty experienced tinkerer, but not a real tech. )
A freecycle / orphan camera type sticky thread in the Marketplace?

Maybe set some ground rules- like if someone gets caught reselling donated equipment they get blacklisted?

I have a functional but not perfect lens or two sitting around that could use a home.

Last edited by Rustyoldbug; 05-16-2009 at 08:23 AM.
05-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #11
Pentaxian

A freecycle / orpan camera type sticky thread in the Marketplace?

Maybe set some ground rules- like if someone gets caught reselling donated equipment they get blacklisted?

I have a functional but not perfect lens or two sitting around that could use a home.
Hrm, well, I don't know if we'd really need to worry about people reselling stuff... I mean, as long as they actually donate, there we go. (Admittedly, I might be a *little* annoyed if I went and did seals and someone just went and just turned a profit on it, but I'm guessing that we aren't looking at a whole lot of money value, here, anyway. If the idea is to get people started on film or whatnot, I'd expect they might like to upgrade if they stay interested before long, anyway. We could have a bunch of stuff sort of in circulation, that way, eventually.)

(And, btw, I think Chinon is actually named after China. )
05-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Inactive Account

You're probably right. I don't expect we would be seeing a lot of high value equipment. Still it would upset me to see something that was doanted up on Ebay a week later.

I also tinker and am an electronics tech not a camera tech - but wouldn't mind fixing electrical issues. Only problem I see there is the occasional out of production component.
05-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Camera arrived intact this afternoon. I will clean it up, throw in batteries and re-glue the loose leather this weekend. Next car meeting is in a couple weeks and he will grab it from me then. He will be thrilled it is the black version since his VW is done in the flat black rat-rod style...

The Hanimex lens I am going to use to fix the other Hanimex I have started coming disassembled on it's own during transit despite being packed well - I took the end cap off and parts fell out

Per our agreement I am now a site supporter - and again - Thank You
05-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Camera arrived intact this afternoon. I will clean it up, throw in batteries and re-glue the loose leather this weekend. Next car meeting is in a couple weeks and he will grab it from me then. He will be thrilled it is the black version since his VW is done in the flat black rat-rod style...

The Hanimex lens I am going to use to fix the other Hanimex I have started coming disassembled on it's own during transit despite being packed well - I took the end cap off and parts fell out

Per our agreement I am now a site supporter - and again - Thank You
Rusty, glad you got it. The Hanimex mounts didn't have any external screws, so I was wondering how it could even come apart, so it is probably a good thing it was coming apart on it's own ....when I removed a TC everything in their sprung out as well

Hope the camera works....I was hoping you would test it prior to your contribution, as I didn't test it at all. At least the Chinon 50mm is in working order. Hope the camera works...

Good luck with your project.