Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Camera for Grandma

My grandmother's LX just recently gave up the ghost. Since I frequently see old Pentax film bodies available on Craigslist for cheap, I told her I'd try to find her a replacement.

I don't know much about Pentax film bodies - I started shooting with a K10. So I'm not sure what would be good replacement candidates. I understand the LX was a pro-grade body, so I may not be able to get something of that caliber, but I'd like to get something decent. It looks like anything from about the A-series forward would would offer comparable features, is that correct? Is there anything I need to watch out for? Any bodies that are particularly good or bad?

Oh, and if anyone has a workable body they'd be willing to sell to a nice little old lady, let me know.

05-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

There is no substitute for an LX. Anything else will be seem a lesser camera.

My advice is to have her LX overhauled. It will probably cost under $200.
Here's the website for a terrific repairman: Eric Hendrickson

Chris

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bodies, body, film, lx, pentax, replacement