Pentax K1000 Camera Review

Pros best intro to SLR's
Cons none
Rating 10
Price (U.S. Dollars) $275 w lens
Years Owned 35 years

I can recommend this camera: Yes

Value, Features, Performance & Size
The light meter in the original K1000 was all that was needed to get a good shot.

Camera Review
Having nothing automatic about it this camera took me from point and shoot to the world of a photo enthusiast. It still works as well as the day I bought it 35 years ago. Shooting and developing my own B&W photos with this rugged camera began a life long hobby of shooting and being told I should go pro. With the right lens I think it could do pro work.

I see some cons that the K1000 did not have a timer. I bought a mechanical one for mine. It was this little metal gadget you wind up, screw into the shutter release, click it on causing a shaft to slowly come down into the shutter button to act as a mechanical remote release. It still works too!

It will go down it history as the camera that launched many a lifetime love of photography. The attached photo is a scan of a print made in 1978 of Middle Bay Light House, Mobile Bay

Attached Images

02-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K1000 Camera Review

Pros Build. 'Real' Manual Experience.
Cons If really like going manual. there aren't any.
Rating 8
Price (U.S. Dollars) 75
Years Owned A few weeks

I can recommend this camera: Yes

Value, Features, Performance & Size
There's nothing that haven't been said yet, so my word is: PERFECT

Camera Review
I have just got one. I think everybody must have one. Perfect tool to learn the curves of anything photography. Get one.

Closed Thread