Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I agree, youre not going to see any K20Ds in use 30 to 40 years from now, like you do with Spotmatics or any K series film cameras.
Yep, that's why each grandson will get a newly cla'd MX on their eighth birthday and the granddaughter will get either an MX or the mint black ME that I picked up for $9.95 off fleabay (lady didn't know what she had or how to describe it so I was the only one that bid).

CW

05-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Yep, that's why each grandson will get a newly cla'd MX on their eighth birthday and the granddaughter will get either an MX or the mint black ME that I picked up for $9.95 off fleabay (lady didn't know what she had or how to describe it so I was the only one that bid).
What a great idea for a birthday present!! They should love the cameras and the MX is the perfect size.

Im jealous as I only got soap and National Geographic subscriptions for my birthday at that age.
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
What a great idea for a birthday present!! They should love the cameras and the MX is the perfect size.
I got a Brownie Starflash for my eighth birthday which is why they get a camera at the same age. They just get an upgrade over what I got.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 05-27-2009 at 08:10 AM.
06-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Wow, you guys can remember your eighth birthday?

I think I had a Pocket Instamatic around that age - had to buy my own first 'real' camera (a K1000) at age 15...

BTW, that *is* a wonderful idea for a birthday present!

Edit: I just had a flashback (no pun intended) about that Instamatic - I discovered that you could fire those old flashcubes with a 9-volt battery. Boy, was my dad mad when he found that I'd wasted a couple boxes of flashcubes...

Last edited by OregonJim; 06-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.