Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I agree, you’re not going to see any K20Ds in use 30 to 40 years from now, like you do with Spotmatics or any “K” series film cameras.
Yep, that's why each grandson will get a newly cla'd MX on their eighth birthday and the granddaughter will get either an MX or the mint black ME that I picked up for $9.95 off fleabay (lady didn't know what she had or how to describe it so I was the only one that bid).

CW

05-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Yep, that's why each grandson will get a newly cla'd MX on their eighth birthday and the granddaughter will get either an MX or the mint black ME that I picked up for $9.95 off fleabay (lady didn't know what she had or how to describe it so I was the only one that bid).
What a great idea for a birthday present!! They should love the cameras and the MX is the perfect size.

I’m jealous as I only got soap and National Geographic subscriptions for my birthday at that age.
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
What a great idea for a birthday present!! They should love the cameras and the MX is the perfect size.
I got a Brownie Starflash for my eighth birthday which is why they get a camera at the same age. They just get an upgrade over what I got.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 05-27-2009 at 08:10 AM.
06-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Wow, you guys can remember your eighth birthday?

I think I had a Pocket Instamatic around that age - had to buy my own first 'real' camera (a K1000) at age 15...

BTW, that *is* a wonderful idea for a birthday present!

Edit: I just had a flashback (no pun intended) about that Instamatic - I discovered that you could fire those old flashcubes with a 9-volt battery. Boy, was my dad mad when he found that I'd wasted a couple boxes of flashcubes...

Last edited by OregonJim; 06-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.