Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MX: Someone came out good!

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Someone got a black MX with an authentic Pentax m42 adapter for $47.50 and the ride. MX Pentax screw mount camera body Parts camera - eBay (item 110390430612 end time May-25-09 03:30:20 PDT)

The adapter runs ~ $32 direct from Pentax. Even with a CLA required, this person came out good!

05-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe. Looking at the ad it stated the self timer was iffy and the "film number dial" did not work. Not sure what the seller meant; could have been the frame counter was not working. And, I would not be surprised if other things on the camera did not work. There was only one pic; that of the front. Hard to tell, but there seemed to be a fair amount of brassing, possibly a lot more on the bottom. If all the camera needed was a CLA then this would have been a good deal. Fixing broken or malfunctioning parts may make it questionable.
05-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Someone got a black MX with an authentic Pentax m42 adapter for $47.50 and the ride. MX Pentax screw mount camera body Parts camera - eBay (item 110390430612 end time May-25-09 03:30:20 PDT)

The adapter runs ~ $32 direct from Pentax. Even with a CLA required, this person came out good!
I looked long and hard at that - even had in my Watch List - but in the end decided I have enough middle-aged cameras to last me.

And there's ALWAYS the matter of my large hands where the MX is concerned, and I should be TRIMMING - not ADDING - since I've pre-ordered my K7 (in my datebook, Jan 30, 2010)
05-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scimitar12 Quote
Maybe. Looking at the ad it stated the self timer was iffy and the "film number dial" did not work. Not sure what the seller meant; could have been the frame counter was not working. And, I would not be surprised if other things on the camera did not work. There was only one pic; that of the front. Hard to tell, but there seemed to be a fair amount of brassing, possibly a lot more on the bottom. If all the camera needed was a CLA then this would have been a good deal. Fixing broken or malfunctioning parts may make it questionable.
The authentic Pentax M42 brings $20+ used. Plus it was a black model. Finally, there's a good chance any body from a non-used dealer will need CKA bare minimum.

05-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I looked long and hard at that - even had in my Watch List - but in the end decided I have enough middle-aged cameras to last me.

And there's ALWAYS the matter of my large hands where the MX is concerned, and I should be TRIMMING - not ADDING - since I've pre-ordered my K7 (in my datebook, Jan 30, 2010)
I wondered how many here were watching that which is why I posted this.

I'm more interested in one good elderly Pentax rather than a middle aged one! Plus, I have the SuperProgram and the NC1000 which are small etc.
05-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is a great deal. I was watching a Black SP2 a couple of weeks back that went for nearly $300.00
05-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I had it in my Watch list also but when I see a description calling it an MX screwmount rather than an MX with M42 adapter, I know the person is ignorant of what they are selling. I just had a bad feeling about it and I wasn't going over $25. Hope whoever bought it ended up with a good deal but I'm skeptical.

CW