Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
. . .
as for the K1000. I loved the look of mine (this was her if anyone remembers, I know some will) but I just never enjoyed using it.
I guess it is hard to enjoy using something when everyone in a 2-block radius is laughing at you! Do you drive a chertruse Volkswagen micro-bus?

J/K

05-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #32
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,476
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I guess it is hard to enjoy using something when everyone in a 2-block radius is laughing at you! Do you drive a chertruse Volkswagen micro-bus?

J/K
I actually think that looks pretty cool. Brighter than I'd choose, but still. I still really want to do a custom leather job on some camera or other, (If I can rearrange things for better work space here, look out! ) but I'm looking at brown
05-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I guess it is hard to enjoy using something when everyone in a 2-block radius is laughing at you! Do you drive a chertruse Volkswagen micro-bus?

J/K
'sage green' is the proper name for the color of my volkswagen micro-bus. westfalia that is. and visions of arlo guthrie flashed through my mind when reading that comment.
05-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,426
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
'sage green' is the proper name for the color of my volkswagen micro-bus. westfalia that is. and visions of arlo guthrie flashed through my mind when reading that comment.
When I was younger (1971 -- 1978) I had a 1967 white VW Squareback. Boy, do I wish I had that car now

05-31-2009, 06:04 PM   #35
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,587
I have owned literally well over a hundred cars and I only regret getting rid of two.
My 1970 El Camino 396SS and my 56vw bug (oval window)I will see if I can dig out some images of those two. I had to sell them because I was broke at the time and needed the money, but boy do I wish I still had them.
06-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #36
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I have owned literally well over a hundred cars and I only regret getting rid of two.
My 1970 El Camino 396SS and my 56vw bug (oval window)I will see if I can dig out some images of those two. I had to sell them because I was broke at the time and needed the money, but boy do I wish I still had them.
great cars indeed! ive always had a love affair with VW's. my first car was a 76' superbeetle. but seeing as how I grew up with a father who was a certified aircraft, marine and auto mechanic and a bowtie fanatic, I developed a love for el-caminos. he had a 71 SS grey with black stripes. I always wanted a 70 SS 454 black with white stripes..... just keep in mind im only 24 so I didnt grow up when these cars were new.
06-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #37
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western Missouri
Posts: 429
My least favorite Pentax film camera is the IQ zoom point-and-shooter (90WR or something) I bought in 1999. The basic premise is solid and good, and the camera is capable of recording sharp photos on a roll of film, but the functionality of the camera is awful. The sliding lens cover sticks, the flash is far too close to the lens, and the lens zoom motor is as loud as an elevator. Plus, when you stop zooming the lens it makes a whoosh sound like pressurized air is being released - kind of like the door to the holo-deck on the Enterprise. I guess I'd like the camera better if I could install a silencer of some kind.

Two years later I bought an Olympus Style Epic. What a magnificent camera it is compared to the Pentax IQ. The Pentax is still fun to play with though and I've enjoyed experimenting with it and an old set of Kodak Series filters which press snugly onto the lens barrel.
06-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #38
Veteran Member
nathancombs's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Waysboro va
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 517
ZX-10
ZX-60

or any of the ZX cameras

i am a bit wheard IF there where no DSLRs i would pritty much use the K1000 i LIKE simple


Last edited by nathancombs; 06-08-2009 at 12:04 AM.
06-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #39
Veteran Member
geauxpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,197
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
as for the K1000. I loved the look of mine (this was her if anyone remembers, I know some will) but I just never enjoyed using it.
I do indeed remember that camera. I'm sure some high school student enjoyed showing that one off this past term.
06-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #40
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
I wonder if she is the most popular of the bunch? at least the camera is getting used, doing the job a K1000 knows best.
06-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #41
Veteran Member
Andi Lo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,925
QuoteOriginally posted by nathancombs Quote
ZX-10
ZX-60

or any of the ZX cameras

i am a bit wheard IF there where no DSLRs i would pritty much use the K1000 i LIKE simple
Why? Panoramic mode + FA 35 / DA 10-17 is love

Plus the ZX (other than M, 3, 5 and 5n) has the ability to use DA lenses...

I haven't tried all that many Pentax films. So far I've liked all of them!
06-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #42
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I wonder if she is the most popular of the bunch? at least the camera is getting used, doing the job a K1000 knows best.
Why not hot pink or smurf blue?
06-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #43
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Why not hot pink or smurf blue?
I didnt choose the colour mate. I bought it that way. my photo makes it look more 'neon' green than it really is.
Attached Images
 
06-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #44
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Forest Park, Georgia/Jacksonville, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 633
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I didnt choose the colour mate. I bought it that way. my photo makes it look more 'neon' green than it really is.
Now I've always wanted to do an MX in red and black while doing a cutout on the back for a silver oval with a black G in the middle of the cutout. Then take it over to Athens and sell it to a die hard Dawg fan for about $1000. LOL Oh who am I kidding. Being a die hard Dawg fan I would keep it.

CW
06-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #45
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Now I've always wanted to do an MX in red and black while doing a cutout on the back for a silver oval with a black G in the middle of the cutout. Then take it over to Athens and sell it to a die hard Dawg fan for about $1000. LOL Oh who am I kidding. Being a die hard Dawg fan I would keep it.

CW
I'd prefer it in nuclear melt down orange. However, put a razor back on your color scheme and that would work also.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, camera, direction, film, focus, hunt, lens, pentax, zx-10
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black & White My favorite model with my favorite lens seanix Post Your Photos! 5 04-14-2010 06:13 PM
Less and less film stuff at my favorite store... KungPOW Pentax Film SLR Discussion 11 09-05-2009 11:15 AM
Favorite Older Film Camera? KungPOW Pentax Film SLR Discussion 241 08-24-2009 09:04 AM
Least favorite film jgredline Pentax Film SLR Discussion 29 07-06-2009 08:51 PM
favorite film? newbie question gokenin Pentax Film SLR Discussion 27 05-05-2008 03:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top