Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax ME, backdoor stuck

Hello!

I have shot a lot of film using my nikon, but any weeks ago I bought a used Pentax ME for 7$. (that way I can use my lenses on both k20d and me today)

The problem is that the backdoor is stuck (and I really mean stucked!) really really stucked!!

I can't open it.

The little button that I can turn around with a coin is just so used that I don't get some "Grip" to be able to open it.

I have puched very hard intill my face almost become tomato-red, but it wount open! The only thing that happens is that I destroy the metal on the underside of the camera even more

How should I do?? I can't reload it with film right now

Any kind pentax hero that could share some moment of knowledge and help me out please?

//Emil Gustafsson

06-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am a little confused. What are you trying to open? The caps on the bottom/baseplate of the camera should cover the battery compartment and the motor drive (if the ME has that). To open the back of the camera (provided that you have rewound your film) grasp the rewind knob (on the top plate of the camera to the left of the prism if your lens is pointing away from you) and pull it upwards. This will release the door to open for film loading and unloading. This is a terrible scan, but it may help.
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you should start by reading the manual found here
06-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
I am a little confused. What are you trying to open? The caps on the bottom/baseplate of the camera should cover the battery compartment and the motor drive (if the ME has that). To open the back of the camera (provided that you have rewound your film) grasp the rewind knob (on the top plate of the camera to the left of the prism if your lens is pointing away from you) and pull it upwards. This will release the door to open for film loading and unloading. This is a terrible scan, but it may help.
good one...I was totally confused but now im back on track!

Thank you so very much!

Im not new to film, but I'm a real film-camera-pentax-virgin

Once again..thank you, and thank you too titrisol!

06-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
The problem is that the backdoor is stuck (and I really mean stucked!) really really stucked!!

I can't open it.

The little button that I can turn around with a coin is just so used that I don't get some "Grip" to be able to open it.
Ha ha ha

I just got a Nikon F2 yesterday and am playing with it. I know exactly what you're talking about

Since we are here, I'd like to ask you about the Nikon F2: How do you activate mirror lock-up? According to the manual, I push in the DOF review button, then rotate the lever at the base of the DOF review button counterclockwise (looking at the front of the camera). I try that but the lever doesn't want to be rotated. The camera looks mint and everything else operates smoothly so I think it is just me.