Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Now I Am A Happy Camper!!

Yes!, as stated I'm very happy!
I just got my ME Super this monday!! less than 10.000 actuations!!
And with it was stuff!
list:
M 50mm 1.7 (love)
alfon 350/md flash
Toko polarizer filter
Toko macro magnifying filters (3)
Hoya skylight filter
Hoya CS filter
Hoya Red filter
Hoya Soft spot filter (w. exchange glass)

so obviously I'm very very happy! this is my first Pentax camera I own :P
how do you like?

oh; and one question, is the ME Super known to have a very sensitive light meter? I think it's a litle off, but oh I love it!

06-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Er . . . How can you tell that a 35mm SLR has that many actuations? I tot only DSLRs are able to?
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
er.. well the former owner reconed that was pretty accurate and I trust his judgement..

but I forgot, I also got a 2x Teleconverter with it
06-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Er . . . How can you tell that a 35mm SLR has that many actuations? I tot only DSLRs are able to?
If your ecord every single film that has gone through the camera, it should be approximately correct

06-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #5

Original Poster
does anyone know the answer to my question? about the meter in the ME Super.. ?
06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I don't know what you meant by sensitive... I compared my recently serviced ME super to my K100D and the metering seems identical. The ME is better. I have no under/overexposed shots at all from the first roll that I shot.
06-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I don't know what you meant by sensitive... I compared my recently serviced ME super to my K100D and the metering seems identical. The ME is better. I have no under/overexposed shots at all from the first roll that I shot.
ok.. hmm well it seems to tend to want to underexpose according to my other camera and its meter..
the ME Super seems to take so little notice of the aperture ring and the aperture settings.. it's weird
I have yet to develop the first film though, and have mostly been going on guts and my own eye on metering.. so we'll see :P
06-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

From my guess since the ME super metering only goes by full stops, so if you change the aperture by half stop, it won't show in the VF. I wonder if the shutter speed actually changes by half a stop or not... maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I have a film inside so I can't really compare :b

Maybe I should try to shoot one subject twice on a half f-stop difference where the speed doesn't change in the viewfinder and see if the exposure is identical.

06-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
From my guess since the ME super metering only goes by full stops, so if you change the aperture by half stop, it won't show in the VF. I wonder if the shutter speed actually changes by half a stop or not... maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I have a film inside so I can't really compare :b

Maybe I should try to shoot one subject twice on a half f-stop difference where the speed doesn't change in the viewfinder and see if the exposure is identical.
hmm.. yeah maybe you could do that..
but sometimes it doesn't respond or change the message of over or underexposure even if I roll the aperture ring from f1.7 all the way to 22.. :/
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Maybe it just needs new batteries... wait till others respond to this problem though
06-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #11

The meter in my ME Super seems to be dead on.

In fact my P30t, P3, ME Super, and Program Plus all appear to be metering within a 1/2 stop of each other with the same lens on.