Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
shuTTer

Hi folks.
While channel flipping this afternoon, I came across a movie titled Shutter... Shutter (2008/I)
It is basically about Ghost appearing in images. What thought was cool is that in the one scene there is a photographer shooting with what looked like a K100Dsuper. ( I could be wrong on model) ....

Is there really any cases where Ghost have been captured on film? Has anyone seen the movie? I am recording it now and will watch it this afternoon or evening.

Share your thoughts.

06-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Is there really any cases where Ghost have been captured on film? Has anyone seen the movie? I am recording it now and will watch it this afternoon or evening.
This famous photograph was taken in 1936 during a photo shoot for the magazine Country Life.

woof!
06-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi folks.
While channel flipping this afternoon, I came across a movie titled Shutter... Shutter (2008/I)
It is basically about Ghost appearing in images. What thought was cool is that in the one scene there is a photographer shooting with what looked like a K100Dsuper. ( I could be wrong on model) ....
I have seen a snippet from the film and it is a Pentax dSLR, though, like you, I could not make out the model.

Steve
06-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Lots of photographs of ghosts around. Check out Ghost Photographs. Of course people have also taken pictures of Bigfoot and flying saucers. I'm not saying that I don't believe in the supernatural or ET, it's just that I take my spirits with a grain or two of salt (and lime if the spirits are tequilla).

CW

06-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I started to watch the movie again and so far there is a Pentax 645 and a DSLR, But not sure of the model.

I should also mention, that I do not believe in Ghost, but I do know there are evil spirits. Demons..
06-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Site Supporter

We have a local group around here called Big Bend Ghost Trackers before some members split and formed the Alpha Ghost Team. Anyway, they and groups like them use digital media to capture "orbs" etc.

Here is one of their links with an emeritus Dean from Florida State University

big bend ghost trackers - Google Videos

http://www.bigbendghosttrackers.com/

The new group that was formed from some former members of Big Bend GT.

Alpha Ghost Team

You have to register to see their photos and videos. I don't know if there is anything to it or not. I won't let my wife go on tours of haunted places. Why take a chance on leading some haints home?

Last edited by Blue; 06-23-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification
06-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Big bend ghost trackers has not changed their name

Big Bend Ghost Trackers HAS NOT Changed their name.....BBGT is NOTaffiliated with Alfa ghost team, ALFA Ghost Team are former memebers of BBGT who have formed their own group. HAPPY HAUNTINGS

Home

06-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I actually went to see Shutter in the theater, for the pentax cameras

There's also a 6x7... and a thread here somewhere...
06-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

the great K-7! For a camera that barely exists yet, there sure is a lot of talk about all sorts of specifics... so searching the forum for "shutter movie" gets hits mainly on the k-7...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/23505-pentax-sighting-new-movie.html
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BBGT Quote
Big Bend Ghost Trackers HAS NOT Changed their name.....BBGT is NOTaffiliated with Alfa ghost team, ALFA Ghost Team are former memebers of BBGT who have formed their own group. HAPPY HAUNTINGS

Home
I edited the original post to reflect that. My comments had to do with personal perceptions and discussions with others that are not related to either group. That perception in part has to do with the use of scientific instruments, video, and photographic equipment versus psychic means. I do not endorse BBGT nor Alpha.

Edit: We went to a couple of meetings at BAM about 3 years ago before the split.

Last edited by Blue; 06-23-2009 at 06:14 PM.
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
the great K-7! For a camera that barely exists yet, there sure is a lot of talk about all sorts of specifics... so searching the forum for "shutter movie" gets hits mainly on the k-7...
Perhaps it is just me. But I have noticed in the few times I browse other forums here, people are more concerned about the next lens or the next DSLR, what is better, who is better, should I buy a canon or a nikon, K-7 VS D300 etc etc that the majority of folks in those forums don't even post up photographs. There seems to be two maybe three kinds of folks here. Those who talk and those who make photographs..I don't get it. I have a bunch of ''stuff'', but atleast I use mine allot..

I guess this is one reason I stay on the photo sections and film section. These folks are more about photography than the gear. OK, Let the flaming begin.
07-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Perhaps it is just me. But I have noticed in the few times I browse other forums here, people are more concerned about the next lens or the next DSLR, what is better, who is better, should I buy a canon or a nikon, K-7 VS D300 etc etc that the majority of folks in those forums don't even post up photographs. There seems to be two maybe three kinds of folks here. Those who talk and those who make photographs..I don't get it. I have a bunch of ''stuff'', but atleast I use mine allot..

I guess this is one reason I stay on the photo sections and film section. These folks are more about photography than the gear. OK, Let the flaming begin.
there is also the silent kind that take pictures and still follow the other threads but tend not to post out pictures. I know I no longer post pic because too many times I have been told that they are only snapshots. ahh well i am off to read some more
07-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
there is also the silent kind that take pictures and still follow the other threads but tend not to post out pictures. I know I no longer post pic because too many times I have been told that they are only snapshots. ahh well i am off to read some more
that's GREAT!!! it totally frees you from any need to believe that the next $$$$.$$ purchase of the latest gizmo would actually make your snapshots into photographs... I'm entirely with you there.

Ghosts... I've seen some ghosts...

This is an actual photograph through the viewfinder of a Kodak Starflex. The vapors are there.

This one appeared on successive frames when I was shooting a 1937 Franka 645 folding camera.

I was shooting with the K100D and SMC-A 28/2.8 in the foggy woods, when this lady apparition appeared, carrying a can of spray paint, and passed by without a glance.
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I just answered a poll from Peter Zack that said I have no plans to purchase any new items from Pentax because the kit I have is more than enough for my "snapshots"
07-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I just answered a poll from Peter Zack that said I have no plans to purchase any new items from Pentax because the kit I have is more than enough for my "snapshots"
Let me be frank...There is no greater a snap shooter than me. I too have been flamed, but in truth I don't care. I won't let my joy get stolen from me because I am snap shooter...I say post away. There are far more of us snap shooters than there are true photographers.

Nesster, those are creepy cool.