Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #1

sunpak 221d and pentax super program

Hi folks,

I'm new to both this forum and to the wonderfull world of Pentax.
Just picked up a nice Super Program. I have a Sunpak 221D for my other camera (Konica FC-1). The flash has a sticker on the back saying "dedicated for Konica" but I have seen the same flash with sticers saying "dedicated for Cannon" etc.
My question is would this flash be compatible with this camera?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Andy

06-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try it and see - Vivitar for example sells the 2800 dedicated to three brands at a time.

if it is dedicated, the camera should have whatever flash indicator it has, plus set the aperture based on the flash / asa, and the shutter speed to <= sync speed. if not, you'll have to manually set aperture + shutter. Either way the flash is using its own sensor as most likely it isn't TTL dedicated.