Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ME Super Noob Film Question

I'm contemplating placing an order for a variety of films to try out in my ME Super, among them a roll of Velvia 50, so I sat down to play with the ASA dial on my ME Super. Come to find out it goes from ASA 32 straight to ASA 64. Do I "trick" the camera with the EV dial? Only problem being that it's in whole stops. What do I do? Just checked my K1000 and it looks like I'll have the same issue, only no EV comp dial to play with

I'd appreciate any help from the veterans on the forum before I place the order.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

06-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

the iso dial goes: 32 . . 64

Set the dila to the "dot" just before the 64 mark. that is ISO 50.

See page 9 in the manual.

Pentax ME Super instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals
06-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Kung Pow, Thanks for the rapid response and the link to the manual. As with most "noob" questions, the answer comes back with RTFM. The sad thing is that I downloaded the manual and read it through when I started using the ME Super again after a 20 year hiatus. Mostly to refresh my memory and to put an "index" in my head for future questions (exactly like this one). Guess I didn't do a very good job.

I appreciate the answer and your cutting the new guy some slack.

Best,
Kevin