Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I took photography classes at college in 1996, my professor insisted we have a full manual camera, so that we might learn better photography through the use of different apertures, and shutter speeds. I bought a K1000 and a 50mm A 1.2. (miss that lens)

You can find bodies and lens here:
www.keh.com

07-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by odyn Quote
Should I be buying a film Pentax I would want it to have Hyper-Program and Hyper-Manual as K10d does. Some cameras in PZ series and MZ-S (the latter being quite expencive)
But without that requirement, I think MZ-5n is a nice choice.
hypermanual on the mz-s is not as cool b/c you must turn the aperture ring so the reset is not as easy as on the PZ which can change the aperture on-board.
01-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
hypermanual on the mz-s is not as cool b/c you must turn the aperture ring so the reset is not as easy as on the PZ which can change the aperture on-board.
+1 on that. I learned on a K1000 in High School and still own a P-3n which you can get with a 50mm f/2 for about $50 these days. It also has the autoexposure modes when you want to play. I also have the PZ-1 which is great with the longer DA lenses as it can control the aperture from the body, and the controls are very similar with the K10d.
02-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Canada - Compatibility of Pentax Lenses

source:Pentax Canada

03-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I am surprised no one has suggested the K1000 with its classic 50mm lens and your good to go. Inexpensive and you have a great tool that has been proven over the past few decades.
Normally, I'd agree with that, because I've been a happy K1000 owner. However, his question was for DA lenses. Most of those lenses have no aperture ring and can't be used on the older completely manual bodies. I ended up getting the ZX-L to try those lenses. It is also dirt cheap, like $50 for one that is in just about perfect condition.