Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question about Dwayne's Photo and B+W

Ok, got a question for you all out there. I got lazy about a month ago and didn't order new developer, so when I went on a shooting spree and shot about 7 rolls of 120 Black and White I had no way to develop it. I've sent some E-6 film off to Dwayne's and have been pleased with the results so I figured I would continue the laziness and send the B+W stuff to them also.

Well I got it all back and lets say I'm completely underwhelmed. Every print is completely washed out with very little contrast. Plain and simple they look awful. Looking over the negatives I'm having trouble telling if I screwed up or if they just did a plain bad job. I also got some Velvia and Provia back in the same order and those all look great, as well as some Portra 160nc and Fuji 160s that look just fine also.

Based on these observations I'm thinking they did a relatively poor job on the BW but I'm not going to put off the possibility that I just dropped the ball while shooting, there are a few prints in the batch that turned out pretty good, not great, but pretty good.

My question is, has anyone else had a similar experience from Dwayne's and B+W?

07-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've only sent film to them once - a roll of NP400 - and did not get prints. But they did do a good job on the processing; better than the local lab. I've since started processing my own though, as it is more enjoyable and a heck of a lot less expensive, so I can't comment on their consistency. I've never heard any bad news about them however.