Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is one of those places where it helps to cultivate habits, so you always know for sure, whatever camera you're using. I always take up the slack on the rewind spool and watch it turn as I fire the blank frames. (Not all cameras, particularly not the ones I developed the habit on) have those little red bars that move when film is winding, so they haven't found their way into my usual film-loading drill, anyway.

07-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I forgot to mention the "other" problem relating to film takeup. It is highly unlikely, but possible, for the takeup spool to strip the film sprockets. The Frame counter will still function but the rewind crank will not rotate. Rewinding the film will is not really an option as the film will jam in the cassette light trap. Sometimes you just have to chalk this one up to bad luck.
07-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #18

Original Poster
well i guess the rewind crank is the ultimate proof that the film is correctly winded.