Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

LX Shutter Problem

My newly acquired LX has a problem:

Winding the film sometimes also trips the shutter. The tripping of the shutter happens when the winding lever at the far end, just when it starts returning to the normal position.

Interestingly, this never happens with two winding actions in a row. If it happens, I get the shutter tripping every other winding: one doesn't trip the shutter, then one does, ...

The shutter speed of the 'acidental' tripping is not the one set by the shutter speed dial. It is probably the X speed.

Any pointer?

07-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
My newly acquired LX has a problem:

Winding the film sometimes also trips the shutter. The tripping of the shutter happens when the winding lever at the far end, just when it starts returning to the normal position.

Interestingly, this never happens with two winding actions in a row. If it happens, I get the shutter tripping every other winding: one doesn't trip the shutter, then one does, ...

The shutter speed of the 'acidental' tripping is not the one set by the shutter speed dial. It is probably the X speed.

Any pointer?
My smart alek remark is just give that whole package you got to me and I'll take good care of it. If it were me I'd take it to my local guy about 2 miles from where I work and get it fixed.
07-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I took the easy way out: the camera is on its way to Eric. I think it needs a CLA anyway.

Last edited by SOldBear; 07-17-2009 at 05:53 PM.
07-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good choice, SOldBear. Once returned it will work like new for years and years.

Chris

07-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Good choice, SOldBear. Once returned it will work like new for years and years.
Yeah, Chris. I've pretty handy and brave , having fixed (and destroyed) some cameras and lenses myself.

But the cameras I messed with are all 'lesser' cameras. LX is something special, and I don't want to ruin it - better leave it to the expert.