Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
One of my H3 has both Heiland and Honeywell (Ser. # beginning with 33)on it while one only has Honeywell on it (Ser. # beginning with 47). I'm guessing the one is in the transition from Heiland to Honeywell.
Wow, that must be a pretty rare example. Just curious, where on the body is Honeywell written, & where does Heiland appear?

07-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
Wow, that must be a pretty rare example. Just curious, where on the body is Honeywell written, & where does Heiland appear?
Heiland appears in the usual place. Honeywell appears just below the H on the prism. I'll take some pics of them both this weekend for comparison. The H and "square" that surrounds the H are subtly different as well.
07-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #48

Original Poster
I'll look into the 55 later this week probably.

Thanks for the info on the naming sequences. Very interesting stuff - I did a bit more googling around too on it. Lots and lots of info out there.

In the meantime, I purchased a 50/4 s-m-c macro takumar off of the marketplace. I expect that it will probably arrive at some point this week.

Now I just need a body to use it on.
07-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #49
Site Supporter

The macro tak is a nice pre-set lens. It is 1:1. It takes a little to get used to the preset diaphragm but once you do its not bad. I have used mine on the K200d and it works great on digital.

07-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #50

Original Poster
I believe I read that the s-m-c version is auto-aperture and focuses to 1/2 lifesize, not 1:1?
07-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by david.elliott Quote
I believe I read that the s-m-c version is auto-aperture and focuses to 1/2 lifesize, not 1:1?
You are correct. Blue is describing an earlier pre-set model that preceded even the Super Takumar version.
07-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #52
Site Supporter

You are correct. Some how I missed the s-m-c earlier and just saw the macro tak.

07-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #53

Original Poster
Cool. Thanks.

Should be fun!

The only pentax lens I currently own is a leica thread mount version of the 43/1.9 limited. I love it, so I am very excited to try out the 50/4 takumar and see how it does!
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #54
Veteran Member

I am very excited to try out the 50/4 takumar and see how it does!
Great lens. I have the same version as yours.
07-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #55
Site Supporter

Cool. Thanks.

Should be fun!

The only pentax lens I currently own is a leica thread mount version of the 43/1.9 limited. I love it, so I am very excited to try out the 50/4 takumar and see how it does!
That's a somewhat rare lens. Who knows if it has the same optical formula as the limited. Do you have the matching range finder?
07-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #56
Banned

I'll look into the 55 later this week probably.

Thanks for the info on the naming sequences. Very interesting stuff - I did a bit more googling around too on it. Lots and lots of info out there.

In the meantime, I purchased a 50/4 s-m-c macro takumar off of the marketplace. I expect that it will probably arrive at some point this week.

Now I just need a body to use it on.
the macro-takumar is a wonderful lens. incredibly sharp. I have the earlier preset version and it has almost completely replaced my 4/100 s-m-c macro-takumar.
07-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #57

Original Poster
That's a somewhat rare lens. Who knows if it has the same optical formula as the limited. Do you have the matching range finder?
It is from a limited run of 2000 total. The optical formula is the same but this version is larger to account for the different distance to the film plane - rangefinders dont have a mirror box.

I have the matching optical viewfinder, which is terrific. It has 43mm and 50mm framelines.
07-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #58
Site Supporter

It is from a limited run of 2000 total. The optical formula is the same but this version is larger to account for the different distance to the film plane - rangefinders dont have a mirror box.

I have the matching optical viewfinder, which is terrific. It has 43mm and 50mm framelines.
After using what is essentially a Limited for rangefinders, you are going to like these Taks. I was looking at that lenses last week and it was making me envious of rangefinders which I have had limited interest in before.
07-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #59

Original Poster
After using what is essentially a Limited for rangefinders, you are going to like these Taks. I was looking at that lenses last week and it was making me envious of rangefinders which I have had limited interest in before.
I have a few photos from a test roll of it uploaded in case you are interested -- Pentax 43/1.9 Limited - Leica Mount

I was trying to push the lens to its limits in horrible lighting conditions. I managed to make it flare when it had no lens hood, but with the retractable lens hood extended, it was impossible to flare.

Included are some purposely out of focus shots to check out the bokeh. Also included are some wide open, close up photos. Seems damn sharp to me wide open, despite some criticisms I had read online. No sharpening done in the LR development tab - low output sharpening applied though.

I love the lens. Three cheers for the 43mm f/1.9 L mount!

You can get into rangefinders for relatively little money. I picked up my Bessa R for $140 in essentially mint condition.
07-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #60
Banned

I have a few photos from a test roll of it uploaded in case you are interested -- Pentax 43/1.9 Limited - Leica Mount

I was trying to push the lens to its limits in horrible lighting conditions. I managed to make it flare when it had no lens hood, but with the retractable lens hood extended, it was impossible to flare.

Included are some purposely out of focus shots to check out the bokeh. Also included are some wide open, close up photos. Seems damn sharp to me wide open, despite some criticisms I had read online. No sharpening done in the LR development tab - low output sharpening applied though.

I love the lens. Three cheers for the 43mm f/1.9 L mount!

You can get into rangefinders for relatively little money. I picked up my Bessa R for $140 in essentially mint condition.
what film were you using?