Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Good lord. That lens looks awesomely silly on a ME Super. It reminds me of when I slap on my 1000 mm mirror lens. The lens does not mount to the camera. The camera mounts to the lens.

07-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Earlybird Quote
Does anybody know whether the Tamron AF 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD lens can be used on a Pentax ME? If this lens has an aperature ring, can you use it on a full frame SLR camera?

Thanks
just to clarify "tamron speak" "Di" means full frame and yes the lens has an aperture ring
07-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote
And once you get a PZ1P, you'll find a lot of opportunities to use your 28-75...or your FA50....or your 70-300....or....

Hee. That'll be more important when I've got more Pentax glass I might be carrying, (like that zoom) indeed. Right now I mostly split what I carry with the Canon FD system, though that starts being pretty heavy for me when two SSC-type lenses are in the mix (I do love em, but the weight adds up, )

The FA 50 works pretty OK on these ME-size bodies for me, though it's just not as nice an experience as some of those lovely manual focus rings on the A-series primes. I'll eventually want to get hold of a body that autofocuses, though, for when my eyes aren't happy, and the PZ-1P looks like a pretty good fit.

(Fortunately, my LBA is quite controllable. I've got a general plan: throw in a 77 or an 85/2 for the film Pentax to wear (Gotta have my short tele) that zoom and/or a faster 28, and I've got the basis for a fairly trim single-system carry kit, or one that can include a lot of digital stuff without outweighing me. )

Anyway, Adam, I'd actually wonder what you might be wanting to get with the proceeds from selling that ME Super. You clearly like it. (And that it's a black body, I presume?) I haven't been shopping much in the past couple of months (Time to catch up on other areas of life that take some money, it's been) but it seems there's a lot of selling going on now. It might be good to save for later, even if it is eventually sold.

I'd be inclined to want to avoid the fuss of having to obtain and likely CLA another one later: you've got a known quantity, there.
07-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gwen, I think that you are replying to another thread (that I started), , so I wil reply to you there so as not to hijack this thread.

Cheers,

Adam

08-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #20

Looks like good stuff on film this lens. I'm getting it now and will be using it on my Z-1p and also on my K10D. It will be good to have a standard zoom of this quality on my Z-1p