Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
DAP

QuoteOriginally posted by MShawn63 Quote
. I love your thought of just going out and getting B&W film to shoot with. The only challenge then is where to get it processed. I have tried the Kodak C41 B&W film that you can take to any of the one hour places and have always been disappointed. I like the old Tri-X pan B&W film
Try processing it yourself - Get some Diafine (almost a fool-proof developer), some fixer, hypo-clear, and film wetting agent along with a changing bag, a tank and film reel. The whole setup should cost you less than $50 if you shop smart. It is easy/fun to do and way cheaper than paying a photo store to process it.

05-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DAP Quote
Try processing it yourself - Get some Diafine (almost a fool-proof developer), some fixer, hypo-clear, and film wetting agent along with a changing bag, a tank and film reel. The whole setup should cost you less than $50 if you shop smart. It is easy/fun to do and way cheaper than paying a photo store to process it.
Thats what i do. But when it comes to slides or my 120 colour negs, i know of a local place that will develop it really fast and their prices arent too bad either (2 hour E6 service )
05-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well, anyhoo, I just got my MX today. Pristine on the outside, no dings. The glass was clean and the mechanism seems to be in proper working condition, including the timer and the metering system (although I haven't shot film with it yet). The levers and wheels are in crisp functioning condition. When I opened the back, as expected for an eighties camera, the tarry liner gunk smeared right off on my fingers and I had to clean it up. So I guess I should take it to a shop and have it properly cleaned, have the sealing liner replaced. And the mechanism tuned up as needed. The serial number in this MX is 9415058. As someone said elsewhere, this camera is built like a tank, and divinely heavy.