Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Kodak Elite Chrome

a local photoshop had a roll collecting dust on the shelf (200 speed slide film) so I decided to pick it up. it went out of date in 2003 so Im not expecting much out of it. Should I bother shooting with it and developing it? or should I just call it a $2 mistake?

07-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #2

Film

For $2 why worry. I have shot several rolls of out of date film with no bad results.
I actually found a roll from 1982 I forgot to process and had it done in 2000. Came out fine.
07-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Forum Member

I'd hardly pay $2 for a fresh roll of Elitechrome. Haggle them down. If it's not cold stored it is not going to come out very well. You can overexpose print film a stop to cut through the fog and still get a decent shot, but if you overexpose slide film by a stop you're not going to get anything but a frame with lots of blown highlights and probably muted colors and fog.
07-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #4

Or try shooting it normally and drop it off at your local 1 hour photo... they'll process it in their C41 machine (probably) and.... instant cross-process!

It's a really different look with funky colors and all. You might like it. And, for cheap expired Elite Chrome, what have you got to lose?