Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

what you spend on a body will soon be overshadowed by your choice in film medium.

you can go from 2 dollar black and white rolls to 20 dollar "professional" slide rolls, and thats before development...

08-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I nominate the P series bodies. They are quite a lot of camera for the money.
I recently bought a like-new P3n in the Pentaxforums Marketplace for $20.00.

Chris
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I picked up a used Super Program when I was looking for a K1000 upgrade, specifically something I could mount a winder/motor drive on for better handling and for moving subjects. However, once I got an LX, I somehow didn't want to use the Super Program any more, and sold it to a friend. Still have the K1000, since it was my first SLR. Replaced the Super Program with a 2nd LX.
08-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #19
Forum Member

I think the MZ-S is the best Pentax, although you wont get Av mode with your DA lenses. Tv works fine though.
My next favourite is the KX, but that wouldn't work at all with DA lenses.

11-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #20

Original Poster
Dumb q.

Ok, I just recieved ProgramA from a fellow member. I like the camera a lot, but I think it will do only P with my DA 40...am I right? No big deal, I think I'll use FA 50 on it anyway. I'll post some pictures after I get my first film developed

Cheers!
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jerrymouse Quote
Ok, I just recieved ProgramA from a fellow member. I like the camera a lot, but I think it will do only P with my DA 40...am I right? No big deal, I think I'll use FA 50 on it anyway. I'll post some pictures after I get my first film developed
Cheers!
Yep, P mode only with DA lenses.

Steve
11-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I posted this in the film shots thread, but will show it here too - DA70 near wide open on a ProgramPlus. Wide open it gives a nice vintage medium format lens look - closed down a bit it's nicely sharp across the full film frame. Or nicely sharp enough for me

11-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #23
Veteran Member

It's funny to see the split opinion between the 'old' style bodies and the 'new' style bodies. I own a PZ-70 and a superprogram (well that's my wifes). I guess they are both worth the same amount of money. I can tell you that for pure features, the PZ-70 wins hands down. You get complete control over aperture on these new DA lenses. Not to mention AF!

Still, I find myself using Superprogram era cameras more. For the record, I don't find the LCD viewfinder display to be any better or worse than a matchneedle. Each to their own, I guess!

11-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a ZX-5n from forum member Woof (mostly to use my FA lenses with and to take advantage of matrix metering). I've been very pleased with the photos I've produced with it, but to be perfectly frank, I prefer shooting with my ME Super or K1000. Somehow I feel more responsible for the images produced. Also, there is something amazingly satisfying in advancing the film and cocking the shutter manually. It's irrelevant to the resulting IQ, but I really enjoy it.

Just my two cents and best to all,
Kevin
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
The Super Program/Super A is one Pentax body I will never own.
IMO the LCD exposure readout in the finder is not very intuitive.

Chris

Not very. Numbers, you must read. But compared to the Me Super,where correct exposure is indicated by the absence of two lights at opposite ends of a screen withina stopand a half?

It's pretty nice.