Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gregmoll Quote
Hi,

I modified my Pentax K bellows unit to cater for the digital cropping, you can see the pics of the modification on my Flickr site here

Pentax Bellows K and Slide Copier - a set on Flickr

It works well
Now that's a friggin' cool rig. Well RML, it appears that the gauntlet has been thrown down. Whatcha got?

10-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
Now that's a friggin' cool rig. Well RML, it appears that the gauntlet has been thrown down. Whatcha got?
Heehee. I'll be getting to it. I got really behind on everything with the bad pain weeks, there, and resulting trying-to-catch up, particularly wiht some stuff I volunteered to do. So I haven't touched anything yet. (Also with the rainy weather back there it was too dim to do a lot of days without my lighting sorted.

I've also successfully rescued some pieces of furniture I was *sure* I'd be using one of for parts, like a board to put all this stuff on, so I may have to *grumble* buy some wood when I go get some tripod screws and things. .

I've actually got a similar thing in mind, but my setup will be simpler: the enlarging lens basically drops right in, I have a similar thing in mind, though, but it'll look simpler. (Don't need an angle finder: I'll use live view to really nail the focus, if all goes well, and I'll just stop the lens down manually. I'll probably use a simple matter of flexible hose or a tunnel to darken the gap. The big question is how i'll set up the lighting, and if I'll want to shoot with the emulsion side toward the camera and flip the images in the computer. )

I wonder if Gregmoll has an opinion on that. I figure it'll be sharper enough to be worth the trouble.
10-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I wonder if Gregmoll has an opinion on that. I figure it'll be sharper enough to be worth the trouble.
I have added two images to the above link, same negative and camera settings but taken from the glossy and emulsion side of the negative. I can't see a difference. The pics were converted directly from RAW with no PP or sharpening at all so they could be improved.

I'm going to make a change to the set-up because having the slide holder fixed to the rack means that every time you change a setting, say magnification, it changes the distance between the slide and the lens. I'm going to make a bracket which fixes the slide holder directly to wooden base to eliminate the interaction.

Greg
10-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Time to rate this thread for creative merit...

10-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gregmoll Quote
I have added two images to the above link, same negative and camera settings but taken from the glossy and emulsion side of the negative. I can't see a difference. The pics were converted directly from RAW with no PP or sharpening at all so they could be improved.

Greg
Cool. I'll have to look later: I'm trying to get my day started here.

Wow, I was tired last night: sorry about the redundant verbiage in my editing job.