Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Another bulk film score...

So I saw some bulk loaders and film for sale on the local Craigslist and picked up a couple Watson loaders, 100' of Ektachrome 100 Pro, 100' of Ektachrome 64, and 100' of Ektachrome 64T, plus a film changing bag - all for 8 bucks.

I have never shot any slide film (I have a few rolls of kodachrome I want to shoot too), I figure I'll just ship everything off to Dwanyesphoto for developing and mounting once I get going.

Now from what I understand, with slide film I have a lot less room for any error as far as exposure. Any other words of advice from you "Grizzled Vets" that have been using this slide film for a while before I start running it through the diuturnal SP1000?

08-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I inherited one of those about a month ago. I have to figure out how to use it. However, it is loaded up with something but it has been in refrigeration.
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #3

Hi, I have few older film cameras that the meter does not work. I usually take a preview shot with my K200d and use the same setting. It works for me because I usually shot Landscape with film. I have not tried this method with slide film. You can easily take few test shots and see if it works better than using the built meter on your camera.
08-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I inherited one of those about a month ago. I have to figure out how to use it. However, it is loaded up with something but it has been in refrigeration.
Not hard to use them at all - I have the original little instruction sheet they come with, want me to scan it for you?

08-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rustyoldbug Quote
Not hard to use them at all - I have the original little instruction sheet they come with, want me to scan it for you?
Actually, I think I found the instruction sheet. Thanks though. The manipulation of the re-usable cartridges is a bit dicey.
08-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Actually, I think I found the instruction sheet. Thanks though. The manipulation of the re-usable cartridges is a bit dicey.
If I can do it, you can do it - after the first few it is a gravy run.